Sunday, October 18, 2020

Holiday card for my Sis ...

 Hello and Happy Sunday,

If you follow my blog (or FB page), you know I've been having LOTS of fun with my new Shiplap die from The Greetery.  I've made up a few background panels using various colors and today I'm sharing a card I created as an upcoming holiday card for my older sister who also lives in Ohio but has a home in FL also.  Thought she'd get a kick out of this ... since her FL home is all decorated in blue & white.  

OH!  and she doesn't follow my blog or do FB so I think I'm safe to share it now. LOL

I'm so happy with how this turned out!!

I used the same wreath die as I did on yesterday's card.  I knew I wanted to make it with a seashore theme so I just started going through my die binder labeled BEACH and came up with these wreath decorations and of course this fun Elizabeth Craft 'Rocky the Crab' (#985).  LOL!  I turned Rocky into a 'blue crab' ... hmmm now there's some good eats!!

I used Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Oxide ink to color my shiplap planks.
The bow was created with an old Cheery Lynn bow die & DCWV glitter paper.
Here's a closeup for a little better few of my wreath decorations.


Enjoy what remains of your weekend all!

As always . . .

Hugs from Ohio,

Darlene


8 comments:

  1. A great personalised touch. Looks great
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue on this card and the crab is great. I love to eat blue crabs.They are so good. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it so much! Your sister will get a good chuckle out of it, too. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! She is sure to love it! I really like the background.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this? She is going to love it, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you decorated the wreath, and fun color for the shiplap, sounds like this will be perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love everything you make, Dar! And I had to get that die, you enabler you! hahaha XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.