Friday, March 5, 2021

My 1st try . . .

 

Happy Friday Dear Friends!!!

I'm so glad you all enjoyed yesterday's post using a new technique to me ... where you create a background while coloring your die cut ... pretty cool!   HOWEVER, I did NOT get it RIGHT on the first try!  Nope, not good at all!  So, as not to waste that panel of watercolor paper, I simply flipped it over and used the TH distress oxide inks I had sitting in front of me and created this background panel.

The hummingbird was my first attempt also so used him on this card ... turning a negative into a positive!!  I've actually used the same basic design and turned it into a birthday card.

 I used the Memory Box Wrapped Stitched Frames to die cut the frame and the Memory Box 'Forest Hummingbird'.  My sentiment stamps came from the Penny Black 'Special Wishes' stamp set.

Challenges to share in:
Memory Box March Challenge - Beautiful Backgrounds
CCEE Stampers Challenge - Old Stuff
Krafty Chicks Challenge #549 - Stamp Act

 Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you're inspired by today's share and will give it a try yourself.  Isn't it fun being inspired by each other?  I know it has certainly helped me through these long winter/pandemic days!  Stay healthy out there ... PLEASE wear your mask!

 As always . . .


5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and the colors are soft and lovely. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you did a beautiful job with that panel and your oxides, pretty combo of colors, pretty hummingbird also, Lovely style of sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I sure didn't see anything wrong with your other card, and this one is absolutely gorgeous! I sigh over the soft watercolor background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello D, this is so pretty, I like seeing your cards, awesomeness, great job, thank you for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    Leanne DT/KCC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.