Monday, March 15, 2021

Make The Card Challenge - Color Combo

 
Welcome back friends!

It's time for a new challenge over on  Make The Cards Challenge
Today we are having a color challenge.  

 BLUE, GREEN & GOLD

 

I've used these three colors two different ways on today's creation.  

First I began by creating my background panel using Tim Holtz Oxide Distress inks.  I've used 'Fossilized Amber, Rustic Wilderness and Faded Jeans'.

Next, I came up with this geometric design while laying in bed one night trying to fall asleep LOL.  For the three different colors I've used three different shapes.

 

YELLOW -  Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Circles

 BLUE - Tutti Designs Stitched Hexagons

 For the banner I've used Sue Wilson Stitched Flags (CED4317) and inked the edges with the same three colors.  The stamp set I've used was the Hero Arts January Kit.  I've popped up the sentiment banner and the bees using 3d pop dots.

OH ... and did you notice something missing from the photo above?  After I had taken the original photos I decided it needed a little something more so I went to my Nuvo Crystal Drops and picked coordinating colors and added them here and there (check photo at top of post).

Challenges to share in:
Happy Little Stampers March Anything Goes with Dies Challenge

 
 
Dare 2B Artzy March Challenge - AG
A Place To Start March Challenge - Pick a Shape
 Jan's Digi Stamps March Challenge - AG

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun ... here's the link for you one more time ...

Make The Cards Challenge

 As always . . .


11 comments:

  1. Love the card all those die cut shapes are adorable and just love the BEES.

    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally fabulous Darlene! Love the idea of all the shapes as a background and the stitched theme throughout - of course the bees are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and fabulous card! Love how you used those die cuts! Sending hugs from a wet and miserable UK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and I love all the colorful geometric shapes for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, I LOVE this card. Love the background, the dies and of course the bees. They are just my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack, here's another WOW card! Love what you did with these colors. The shapes are awesome. The Nuvo drops are a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The geometric shapes and primary colors make the bees POP! Thank you for sharing your BEE-dazzling card with us at Jan's Digi Blog challenge and supporting us. Good Luck, stay safe and happy crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Darlene
    Love the card and the bold colors not forgetting the bees.
    tc stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that lies in bed at night thinking of card designs :)
    This is too cool with all the shaped frames and blending of the colorful background, great use for your bees once again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you layered the geometric over the ink blended background. Fabulous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The design absolutely epitomizes the theme of our challenge! The composition if fabulous and the color integration is spot on. Thanks for a fun, beautifully organized, and fabulous response to our challenge at A Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.