Thursday, March 11, 2021

You Are Special


 Hello Friends . . .

I was looking for a CAS challenge to play along in and spotted the new March challenge over on The Creative Craft Cottage blog. 

 I decided to color up another image from the Altenew Simple Rose stamp set.  After coloring using my Derwent Inkpencils I fussy cut the flower.  The leaves were stamped & colored right onto my white panel.  A little sponging (ink left on the oxide ink sponge) helped give my flower a bit of a glow.  Nuvo crystal drops were also used as an accent.

 Quick post today ... hope you're inspired to give CAS a try if, like myself, you struggle with that design style.  But I must admit I think I'm getting the hang of it and find it great fun.

Challenges to share in:

Ike'sWorld Challenge #142 - ATG/Monochrome
Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Say it with Flowers

Here's wishing you a fabulous day ahead.
Please stay safe & healthy ... remember to wear your mask!

 As always . . .


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS and gorgeous colour here. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Darlene
    I like your card and CAS should be practiced in our life too. Love and gratitude
    tc stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very lovely! The colors of the flower are so gorgeous and I love the elegant simplicity of the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card and I like the single flower. It really captures your attention. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. You have inspired me to be more clean and simple, I am not very brave with that. Your coloring is perfect and so pretty. I just like everything about this wonderful creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Darlene! Your coloring is fabulous! I think the more you do CAS, the easier it gets. I'm still trying. It's a whole other mindset.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful CAS card, you are getting really really good with CAS, love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such lovely coloring you have done with this flower, love the touch with the sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a totally awesome card, fab monochromatic :) Thank you so much for joining us the month at IKEsWORLD. Hugs Mimi xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.