Friday, February 1, 2019

Alphabet Challenge Time

Hello Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Today's letter is "W"
for

WINGS

 

This card started out much differently than it ended up!
BUT, I'm very happy with the outcome.

While cutting my Elizabeth Craft 'Love Birds',


Elizabeth Craft Designs - Dies - Lovebirds

 my first intention was to die cut THREE times and
adhere them together for dimension!
So, as I'm die cutting and tossing them onto my work table,
I realized they looked like a flock of birds which we see so often in
the wooded area behind our house.  SO, THIS design was born!


While they were laying on my table, I just started glue tacking
as they laid.  Thinking I would simply leave them white and place on a
blue card to mimic the sky.
THEN of course, it wasn't quite enough for me and decided to COLOR
the birds/branches.  Now as you can guess, that would have been a lot easier to do BEFORE I glued them together!  LOL

It still looked too PLAIN to me so I grabbed a couple of the frames I had hanging
on my pegboard and placed them in the background.  PERFECT!!


I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun and 
I look forward to being inspired by your creation!!  See you there!
Thanks so much for stopping by...
As always . . .


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation. Love the pretty birds. Reminds me of all the robins we've been having lately. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a detailed and adorable card, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Darlene. Isn't it strange that sometimes designs we have in our head turn out as something totally different, but even better than we had planned. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Darlene, I absolutely love your card of pretty birds! Birds are one of my favorite creatures (and they know it, too, because I feed them so very well LOL). Your explanation of how this card began and evolved was great to hear. So many of my cards never come out anything like I imagined. Beautifully done and a wonderful challenge you chose! Have a great weekend and stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww..... Love, love, LOVE this card!! Great design and amazing birdies on the branches! You have done a fabulous work!
    Pinned :)
    https://www.pinterest.it/pin/534802524500572468/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, lots of posts today. Sometimes that's just the way it happens, and sometimes a card happens just the way you described, too. You don't always know what the outcome will be, but I can tell you the outcome of this one is awesome! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This came together just perfectly!! I do love how you used them and framed them, looks wonderful, so glad you took out the time to color them, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy spring scene you created with branches and birds. It's fun to read how your card came together - makes me feel more normal as a lot of my cards come up this way :-)
    Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.