Saturday, February 9, 2019

Happy 70th

Hello Friends and Happy Saturday!

I'll be headed out the door soon to spend some quality time with my daughter & granddaughter for a 'surprise' girls night out!  The surprise is granddaughter Morgan put this all together and she won't tell us what the destination is.  Going to be FUN!

BUT, before leaving I wanted to share a card I just completed that was I was commissioned to create for a friend's upcoming milestone birthday.  Come to think of it, my own sister will be celebrating this milestone in June so guess I'd better get busy and create another similar creation for her.


I've used a large dotted metal die to 'emboss' the front of my card,
then created a frame using two smaller dotted dies.
The frame is cut twice, then put together using dimensional tape.


I've used both Foil paper and Glitter paper for my
sentiments and balloon for a punch of sparkle & shine.

Here's a peek at the inside:

 

My card is clean & simple in design but I felt that
simplicity was the way to go for this lady!!


Please let me know what you think!
Should I have a few cards like this with different milestone
years and different colors on them for my Spring Show?  

If so, what years would you recommend??

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to your comments!

As always ...


8 comments:

  1. Love those glittery accents against the white background! Awesome card! Hope you enjoy your outing with your daughter and granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and sparkling birthday card!! I think is just perfect for any age!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clean and sharp, Darlene! Classy, but fun, too. Not a bad idea to have some milestone cards for your shows. Maybe a few at first to test the waters. Anything on the 10s, 40 and up, I'd say. You're a better judge than me, probably. Hey, by now you're probably enjoying your girls' night out. I hope to hear about it later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Beautiful and festive colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with a fab design. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I think this is really pretty, and I bet they would sell at your craft fairs! Could you just have an assortment of numbers cut out and ready to adhere, so that no matter what number anniversary it is, you'll have it covered? GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is perfect, such a neat way to do the sentiment and just the right amount of sparkle and color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.