Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Non Traditional Valentine

Hello dear friends!

A new month means it's time for a new challenge over
on the Sisterhood of Crafters Blog!

 Our hostess today is Vickie and the theme she has chosen is:

Non-traditional Valentine Card/Project
(no flowers, no hearts)
After some deep thought, here's what I came up with:

To be quite honest, I ended up making more than one card with 
this theme in mind and couldn't decide which one to share
so here on MY blog I decided to share them both!
They are similar ... but different!  LOL
I jumped over to Pinterest for inspiration and when
I saw this chalkboard art I thought it would
work perfectly along with my die cuts.

Product used for Card #1
Online sentiment
Echo Park 'Happy Birthday' 6x6 paper pad
Elizabeth Craft 'Cupcakes'

 Product used for Card #2
 Online sentiment
DCWV designer paper

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

10 comments:

  1. Both fabulous cards and perfect for the non-traditional theme!! Either one has my vote lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are super fantastic and I think working without any hearts and flowers might have been a tough thing to do but you pulled it off in fine fashion. I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you aced this challenge, Darlene! Something about the second one really grabs me, but am loving on the cupcake card a lot, too. It takes a lot of restraint to NOT put a heart on a Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came up with two great ideas for your cards, such great papers to go with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I love them both!!! Great ideas, Darlene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great cards! I must confess that my valentines cards are almost never "traditional" - that way I can give them all year round. I think this world needs all the love we can spread so why only one day a year? I truly love them both, Sis! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous different cards!! Love both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.