Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Double D - Hearts

Hello Dear Friends!
It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is hosting today and as you can see by my blog title ... the theme is

HEARTS
Here is the fabulous mood board she has created to help inspire you . . .

You don't have to go with the neutral tones but I thought it would be a very clever and 'outside the box' Valentine's or even Wedding card if you did, so that's the direction I went in.  Here's what I've come up with ...


I can't begin to tell you how much designer paper I have in my stash (way too much but I can't help myself! lol) ... So, I started looking through any paper pads that were neutral in color and polka dot in design.  I found some really cool papers in these two older paper pads ... DCWV - The Basics Stack and Authentique 'Always'.  The sentiment was also from the Authentique paper pad.

For my focus hearts, I've used the Tutti Designs 'Stitched Hearts' die set.
TUTTI-216 Nesting Stitched Hearts

Frantic Stamper - Dies - Heartfall 
 on some cards which left me with a wonderful pile of various sized hearts on my work table.  I've used a few here as embellishments.  After rounding the corners on my sentiment panel, I've popped it up using dimensional tape.


Here's what Diane has up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner.

What a fun prize!   So, come play along using our theme and YOU might be our random winner!! 

Challenges to share in:
Ellibelle's Corner February ChallengeDies / Punches or Something with Hearts
The Paper Shelter Challenge #369 - For the One you Love 
The Card Concept Challenge #108 - Love is in the Air  (Freestyle, inspired by the heart)
 
 Try it On Tuesday Challenge - Romance
Unicorn Challenge #40 - Include a Heart

Be sure to pop over to our challenge blog and check out what the design team ladies have created ... they are amazingly talented and I'm sure you'll find more wonderful inspiration!  
   Hope to see you there!

As always . . .

27 comments:

  1. ♥ this one and the 'burnt' heart' heart does look awesome...fabulous card.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous combination of papers that all go together so perfectly and a great sentiment too!! I love the 'carved' heart on the wood grain paper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. The neutral colors are great. Thanks for the inspiration. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Dar! Great coordination of your stash papers...I love the carved heart design on the bottom right. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING!!! Fabulous inspiration, LOVE all the different hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darlene your card is lovely! The hearts and the wood look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So loving this color combo for a love themed card. And what a great design too! Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month where it's all about Punches/Dies or Hearts!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card and beautiful colour combination.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of your papers. I really like the wood background with the heart. How great for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mood board and the colors and polka dots and, WOW, your card is fabulous! You hit it out of the ball park with this one, Darlene. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this card and that quote is wonderful. I am so glad you shared it with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful and I love the mix of colors and pattern papers with the other card stock.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely combination of printed papers on the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely and sweet Valentine's card, Darlene. Love the "out-of-the-box" colours you used. The papers are beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very beautiful card.

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you took the inspiration and transformed it into a lovely card! Thank you for joining the fun at The Paper Shelter. Good luck with the challenge and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A simply AMAZING card - so beautiful! Thank you very much for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday ! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Design papers are my downfall too, but can you really have too many? Lol, I love it when you can pull out a bunch and have them look so good together. Your card is the best without the usual Valentine red.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you have layered these beautiful muted tone DPs. I'm partial to stitched frame dies because they always look so clean and crisp. Your sentiment is beautiful. Gorgeous card, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful Darlene.Thanks for joining in our ROMANCE challenge at Try it On Tuesday challenge and good luck in the draw..x
    [aNNie]Guest Designer for Try it on Tuesday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love the different patterns you used, that is so pretty, the wood background and sentiment panel is so perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card and creation! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just LOVE the rustic look of this card, and that polka dot heart is simply FABULOUS!!! Wonderful take on the Mood Board, I like everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Brilliant card and layout! Love the design. Thank you for joining us at The Paper SHelter and good luck. Liz (:(|)x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lucky for us you do have all of that DP in your stash, for these make for some beautiful color and pattern choices, I really loooooove that one you used for the center heart. The layering is awesome and the whole design and layout is really, really beautiful! Again, I am in LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a gorgeous design Darlene. I love the rustic look with the mixture of colors and patterns you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.