Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Sisterhood of Crafters - In the RED

Hello dear friends!

A new month means it's time for a new challenge over
on the Sisterhood of Crafters Blog!

 Our hostess today is Terri and the theme she has chosen is:

In the RED
(use the color RED in your card/project)

After some deep thought, here's what I decided upon . . .


With my Spring show right around the corner, I was in need of some
wedding cards so thought this would be the
perfect opportunity!

Dies I have used are:
Die Versions 'Mr. & Mrs.'
Die Namics ' Wedding Portrait'
Frantic Stamper - Dies - Heartfall


I've die cut the Wedding Portrait twice ... once from white card stock
and once from black  then replaced the popped out white portions
into the black die cut.

Since I had an extra focus panel by die cutting from both
black and white, I decided to create a 2nd wedding card ... what do you think?

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ...
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 See you there!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

10 comments:

  1. Always nice to see what you have in store for us each morning! These are lovely! Love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Darlene, I couldn't wait to read your post to see how you did this card. I love it! And don't make us choose which one we like more, because they are both wonderful. It looks like you had more fun with the black and white one though! Have a wonderful week, Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Wonderful design!!! Love especially the first one with the red hearts behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully designed cards! Love the die cuts used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Darlene, the silhouette and the pop of red... looks stunning. I have no clue, why I don't get email notifications for your comments on my blog, I get all others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both wedding cards are so very gorgeous! You certainly have some awesome dies to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, the above commenter and I are having the same experience, as you know, so I'm glad it's not just me, but still sorry it's happening. Now, your cards... I love both! Black and white is very popular for weddings these days. There's something very striking about it. It happens that red is one of my favorite colors, same as yellow. Funny how I don't even use them more often on cards. Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The both are just great, I love when we can get those twofer cards! These will be great additions for your show and sure to go quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darlene, the black and white image combined with the red heart details makes such a pretty classic wedding card. And I love the negative image as well!! Great job, Sistah!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.