Sunday, February 24, 2019

My Crafting 'Cave' 2019

Happy Sunday Afternoon everyone!!

WOW!  The wind is really scary outside right now with predicted 50-60 mile in hour gusts!  And I have to tell you, there are things blowing all over the place ... even did some damage to my SIL's SUV!    And, since it's pretty quiet in blogland right now, I decided it was a good day to finish my die storage revamp and do a bit of cleaning so I could show you my 'space'.  

Now remember, this is called my 'cave' for a reason!  LOL  It is the basement of our home and it does house more than my crafting goodies but I must admit I have expanded from having 1/4 of the basement to now 3/4 of the space.  There is still room for the exercise equipment (which like most, doesn't get used regularly anymore), Christmas decorations, all my various floral designs/wreaths and my stash of boxes.  Hey, you never know when you need to box for mailing LOL.

Okay ... here we go ... 
(really hasn't changed much over the past couple of years)

 
This is looking forward from the back shelving unit  which is another storage space that needs a redo so I'm not sharing a photo of it!  LOL  But this is where I spend most of my time.  


I spent a good part of yesterday redoing my die binders.  The three 'black' binders have yet to be done.  The local WalMart was out of these smaller binders and I didn't want to waste the time driving another half hour to another WalMart.  Will do those three another day.  I have the front cover labels printed and ready for when they are completed.

In the center of the room are my work tables 
  • 1 table has my computer & coloring station 
  • 1 table for completing cards for the show & my watercoloring station
  • 1 table for my cutting board/scrap paper  plus my DT folders (to stay on top of my commitments)
  • and the last table is for any visiting crafters who want to join in the fun. 
Behind the tables I'm usually working on is my embossing/die cutting station.
On the shelving units are all my Tutti Design dies (purple binders)
Heartfelt, Christmas dies, extra card/envelope packets, prize box
and binders filled with project sheets and samples.


This is where I do a lot of my designing.  This table has my scor boards, stamping platform, inks, ribbons and as you can see, punches and more 12x12 designer papers (yes I'm addicted lol).

 The cases on the left bottom are all designer paper.  On the top set of cases are things like adhesives, fancy papers, clear bags for my cards, etc.  On the center shelves are my flowers, glitters, ink refills, stickles, etc. etc.  On the right side set of shelves are all wooden block stamps and my 8 1/2 x 11 colored papers (which are in clear boxes) in the center shelves.
 

This is the 8' fold down table Mark built for me a few years ago where I set up all my craft show table displays so I'm sure to have enough room for everything once I get to a show.  Right now it's pretty bare with the exception of my card boxes ... I really need to start thinking about what I will need for my April 17th show.  I have tissue boxes done & ready ... they are packed and boxed over on that other metal shelving unit until show time.

I also have extra pegboard space here to showcase some of my projects as well as some holiday ribbon, etc. that doesn't get used routinely.  This table is based at the foot of the stairs leading upstairs ... hence the need for it to be collapsible in case we need to haul anything up or down.


Behind this pegboard wall are the studs for the staircase.  It's a great way to finish the wall and make it useful for me.  I'm more apt to use things if they are in front of my face vs in a box/drawer.

Ok I'm sure you've seen enough,  I'll bore you no longer!  LOL
Yes, I'm very blessed to have this kind of room to create in.  It's nothing fancy but it works for me!

Thanks for popping in and I hope you've enjoyed visiting my CAVE!

As always ...

12 comments:

  1. Okay, this is awesome! Never ever boring. I LOVE visiting other peoples' stamp rooms! Your cave sounds like a nice, safe place to be on such a day, and certainly a wonderful, happy place! Stepping into it with you is a magical tour! Look at all those fabulous supplies! I wonder if you'll ever get through it all? You've seen my room... different as night and day. Nevertheless, I'll never get through all my supplies, but I'll have fun trying! Thanks a million for sharing your space and organizing techniques, Darlene. Now I feel like stamping! In fact, I'm working on a card with die cuts today... to share next month. Hugs from rainy Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!Amazing and organized room!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's really a BIG cave! :D How many space for all those items! Great organization! Loved seeing your work space!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks fabulous, Darlene! Wonderful craft cave and so organized too!!

      Delete
  4. WOW!! Wow!! Wow!! I thought I had a lot of dies!! You win!! I am so jealous of all of your goodies!! I want to come and play at your CAVE!! My scrap room is in the basement too! Love your organization!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite impressive. I envy you. I would love to have a private area to do my card making. And, seeing all the things you have I don't feel quite so bad about all the supplies I have accumulated over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see your space. Looks like you are very organized with a place for everything and everything in its place. I envy your inventory. And I'm with you, if I can see something I'm much more apt to use it. I forget what I have otherwise. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think cave is prolly a good word for your space, Darlene. I mean there are, after all, caves that go miles and miles and miles back under ground!! You know you'll have all of Blogland feeling faint now out of green jealousy for all that magnificent square footage! Isn't it funny how if you have more space you just fill it! Thank you for sharing these fascinating posts and peeks into your creative world! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your craft space is amazing, I do enjoy seeing other people's creative rooms and how they organise, thank you for showing it, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew this was going to be wonderful! Such a lovely space...no wonder you can be so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This "cave" craft room is very impressive. I am so amazed at your organization! It could easily be a store. It looks like you stand as you create and therefore, do not need the exercise equipment. Thanks for letting us take a peek.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have everything organized well, I am working on that right now, it is a slow progress but I am not giving myself a time limit so it doesn't feel overwhelming so it might just get done this time :) I am the same way if things are packed away I forget them, I love your DAR's cave sign :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.