Thursday, February 28, 2019

Thinking of You . . .

Happy Thursday Friends!
Can you believe it's the end of February?
Spring is right around the corner ... YAHOO!!  I'm ready!

Today I have a card to share that was created using bits & bobs that were laying on my work station.  Since I did a fairly good cleanup over the past weekend, I didn't want to start letting things 'pile up' again right away!  It's bound to happen sooner or later LOL  but I'd like to try and keep it fairly clean for a week at least!  
So, here ya go . . .


I have a few sentiment panels stamped and ready to go ... just need die cut or snip the end to make a banner.  But this time I did something a little different.  I had this frame and flower that I was going to use on a DT card but then decided against the color scheme for that project and sat these two pieces aside.  

I simply attached the sentiment strip at an angle behind the frame (which leaves the corners totally open/empty) then popped the whole thing up with dimensional tape.


 I had actually cut the flower blossom from the stem, so here I've 'put it back together' by tucking the stem piece under the frame and adhering the blossom portion to the top of the frame being sure to add a couple little pieces of dimensional tape to those petals that would be in the 'empty' space.

A few little Nuvo White Crystal Drops here & there and this card is ready for a happy note written inside and off to the mailbox it will go!

The frame die set I have used is Paper Rose 'Sititched Rectangle Frames' which was originally purchased from Dies R Us but is unfortunately out of stock at the present time.  My flower dies are OLD and are Memory Box 'Dogwood Blossom' (98475) and 'Dogwood Blossom Outline' (98481). 

What are you working on today?  
Image result for Family Breakfast Clip Art

Tomorrow morning (bright & early)  I'm headed over to Pennsylvania to share breakfast with several of my 1st cousins (as well as 2nd & 3rd).  We gather the 1st Friday at each month and usually end up with 25-30 of us.   I try to make the trip as often as possible (weather permitting) since many of my 1st cousins are in their 70s/80s and Lord knows how much longer I will have them in my life.  

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


5 comments:

  1. Leftover card parts are the mother of invention... er... is that how that goes? At any rate, you got very inventive with yours! I like your idea! The dogwood is way cool with the rust color on blue. What am I doing today? Well, I finished the last two of four Christmas cards I batched up, and one of them uses some leftovers. Safe driving, Darlene, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again! Making a gorgeous card with the use of dies. I love the colors you chose for it as well. Adding the white Nuvo drops really adds so much to the design too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card. I love that you drive to meet cousins, 1st and 2nds and all....every month- so awesome to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outline with this flower, I only have the base portion of the flower. I just love the way you did the sentiment on an angle like that inside the frame, and such pretty accenting with the pearls., Beautiful
    I hope you have good travels and great time with your cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very different look, and so impressive! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.