Saturday, July 22, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Nautical

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

NAUTICAL

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


For today's nautical theme I've chosen to 'frame' an image from an old Our Daily Bread (now called Divinity Designs) using an older Cuttlebug framing embossing folder.


Here's a close up so you can see how beautiful the embossing is and to show you how after embossed, stamped and colored, I went on the backside of the image and using a large head stylus, I rolled around the edge of the oval so from the front side it stands out more as though it is popped up. I know it's difficult to see in the photo but you get the idea!  Looks really cool IRL.

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

Challenges to share in:
CAS on Friday - Summer
My Time to Craft Challenge #512 - Summertime Waterplay
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Thing to do on Holiday & Why
(being on/by the ocean ... so relaxing when you don't live by the water)
Krafty Chicks Challenge #673 - CAS

As always . . .

 

8 comments:

  1. Love that image, perfect folder to frame it with! Great inspirations, and so glad you joined us at Krafty Chicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Dar!!! This is just a wonderful image for the challenge. You have colored it perfectly, and that fabulous oval frame showcases the focal perfectly. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous nautical card, love it..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge this fortnight at As You Like It..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. that stamp fits perfectly in your embossed frame, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card my friend! The lovely embossing folder leaves the perfect space for the image and it all rolls together to make a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image fits perfectly in the frame and I love it! I have this folder, too, and it always embosses so nicely. I noticed the puffiness of the inner oval right away. I do that when I fussy cut sometimes but have never thought to do it with this folder. Guaranteed I will do it next time. Thanks for that, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I absolutely love this! That embossing just gives it that extra "something" for the wow factor. Thank you so much for participating in My Time to Craft

    Tamara-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.