Sunday, July 16, 2023

Peace on Earth Challenge #44

 

 Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog! 
SO happy you stopped by!

Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG.  Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun! 

Here's a fun inspiration board we've created to help get you started ...

 

I just love winter scenes and no one did it better than Thomas Kinkade. 
I have had a pack of his prints for several years and I was anxious to share one with you on today's card.  I wanted to keep the design relatively simple so I could bring attention to his snowy image so here's what I did.  

  • Embossed my background panel using an old Cuttlebug 'snowflake' embossing folder.
  • After cutting the image panel I wanted to use, I matted it using a scrap of red card stock.
  • I created a flag using a Sue Wilson 'stitched flags die' (CED4317)
  • Lastly, added a snowflake in the corner which was die cut from the Hunkydory 'Let it Snow' die set.

 There is a spot of Diamond Stickles in the center of the snowflake although you can't see it in the photo.  I'm very happy with how this card came together and I'm sure you will agree, you can go wrong with a Thomas Kinkade image for a holiday card.

 PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs our design team has created for your inspiration.  What a group of talented ladies!!  Then come join in the fun!! 

  Have a great day!

As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, background and topper, Sis, as always a pleasure to view. Lovely details here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the images from T. Kinkade and I use them frequently. This one is gorgeous on your card!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful winter home, makes one want to live there, I too have always enjoyed the Kincaid 'art', my Mom and I used to do his jigsaw puzzles together, thanks for bringing that nice memory back for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, I had to come by to find out everything about this gorgeous scene - Thomas did do Winter right, didn't he?
    Such a beautiful card - hope I can play along!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love Thomas Kinkade and your card does his artwork justice, beautifully done lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty as a picture! I still have some Thomas Kinkade stamps, but none for Christmas. This is gorgeous. They didn't call him "Painter of Light" for nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with you Thomas Kincaid makes beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and inspiring mood board for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.