Thursday, July 6, 2023

Pretty Papers

 Hello Friends and Happy Thursday!

 

I've been trying to get to a couple of challenges for several days now and FINALLY made the time!  The first challenge is the 'Favorite Plain or Patterned Papers' challenge over on the As You Like it blog. I have grown to love double sided designer papers.  For instance, this card ... with one piece of this double sided paper, I was able to put together this quick sympathy card!  When using double sided designer paper, I always try to incorporate the flip side somehow on my creation ... even if it ends up on the inside of the card.

I think Sympathy cards are best left 'simple' so today I simply added the flip side of my paper to the top portion of my card before adding my Heartfelt Creations sentiment stamp & die cut panel.  I've colored in the flowers/vines on this panel using Tombow markers and the sentiment stamp is an oldie but goodie by Stampin' Up.


 Other challenges to share in ...

Challenge Up Your Life Monthly Challenge #160 - Patterned Paper
Dream Valley Challenge #297 - Dies and/or Punches.
 

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to stop by. 
I hope you've found inspiration in my creation!

As always ...


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I do love the vine of flowers framing your sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love playing with designer paper and I, too, appreciate double sided for the way the two sides coordinate. What a gorgeous die, and with the flowers fitting right in there. I just finished 3 designer paper cards. It's hard for me to get moving creatively, so I'm glad to have at least done those. Really beautiful, Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I love the lilac paper and these beautiful flowers that match perfectly! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.