Saturday, July 8, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Stars

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'STARS'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


Whoa!  Believe it or not, I did NOT have a star embossing folder so, I had to go with the next best thing ... a Cuttlebug (old) frame folder and then die cut for my stars.  My stars die is from Poppystamps 'Stitched Star Cutouts' (#1308) and my focus sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set called 'Many Birthday Messages' (CL611).


Here's a peek at the inside . . .

This sentiment stamp is from the Rubber Cottage (circa 2000) called 'Happy Birthday, Med. (#RC-019E).  I've used the extra star I had to 'dot the I'. 

Here's another view of my card front embossing ... difficult to see I know (sorry!)

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .


 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

Challenges to share in:
Allsorts Challenge #736 - Embossing Folders
Addicted to Stamps and More #449 - Any Occasion

As always . . .

 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, your EB folder worked perfectly for your sentiment and add on stars, so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, I used to have this folder but could never do anything really good with it so purged it to save space. You came through with flying colors and stars for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this is a real beauty. I love the classy and elegant design, and that embossed background is perfect. The black and white really pop - simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marvelous card with the embossing folder option! It's bold and fancy all at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing your project at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Darlene, great design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week and for choosing to use the Embossing Folder option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very striking in the monochrome colours Darlene, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week and using the embossing folder option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful embossing folder, it really makes for a showstopper of a card!! Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great emboss folder and super CAS birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.