Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Double D - Christmas in July

 

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
Christmas in July
and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .
 

I've been anxiously awaiting the time to play with this Spellbinder 'Scenic Poinsettias' (E3D-038) 3D embossing folder that I purchased last winter.  

 
 After embossing my main panel, I used my Tombow markers, water & an artist brush to color in just a few of the poinsettias.  The marker I used is actually red but after adding water, it came out more of a pink color so I used a bold pink as my base card as well as the piece I used to add my Marianne stamped sentiment.
 
 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card my friend. I think I have that embossing folder and must get it out and use it now as I'm making many of my Christmas cards now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty pink poinsettias Dar! What a pretty embossing folder, and I love how you enhanced just a few of them to bring them into the front row. Thanks to you, I'm one card closer to having my cards done for Christmas. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that beautiful 3D Embossing Polder. Wow, great way to add the color by coloring, looks perfect! Sweet little banner tag for your sentiment too! Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created card and a clever idea to just add color to a few of the poinsettias, it really makes them stand out! The red looking pink was a win as they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This folder makes an amazing card. I think one that could be mass produced easily and looks like you took hours to create. Great colors too and many other color possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink, so I'm glad it worked out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this beautiful folder and your pink poinsettias! You did an amazing job on this and it looks like it took plenty of care and patience. I like the idea of coloring just part of it. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty with that great embossing folder and I just love those hot pink flowers and green leaves that compliment the background perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! I love what you have done with that embossing folder, it makes a beautiful Christmas card. Well done, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those poinsettias, "so pretty in pink"! That EF is amazing. Beautiful holiday card, Dar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable creation and fabulous design, Sis I have just received mine too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darlene, This is so pretty. I have never had a good outcome coloring an embossed image. I'd say you've perfected it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.