Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Double D - The Great Outdoors

 


 Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
The Great Outdoors

and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .
 

 
 Dipping into my OLD OLD stamps for today's CAS creation.

I simply sponged on some TH Broken China distress oxide ink to my white card stock panel then stamped my Heartfelt Creations Fishing stamp and my Hero Arts vertical sentiment.
 
 
 A few dabs of white liquid applique to the clouds added a bit of dimension.
 
 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!! 

Challenges to share in ...
Cardz 4 Guys Challenge #325 - Clean & Simple
Unicorn Challenge #89 - No Designer Paper
A Place to Start July Challenge - ATG w/twist - Life is a Beach

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

13 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful! I love the fishing image and the sentiment is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for our outdoor theme, looks so relaxing and fun, makes me miss our fishing days (all but the cleaning part lol), great inspiration for all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great silhouette. So serene and beautiful! It really makes you just want to stop and be, ya know? I adore that sentiment too! This makes me say ahhhhh.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outdoor scene. Beautiful background that looks like watercolors. Awesome dimension to that puffy cloud. Wonderful sentiment that we should all take to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your calm and peaceful card and I wish all children could know the joy and contentment of the old fishing hole. I have this old stamp, too, and I live by this sentiment. Sometimes I just go out and stand in the yard and look through the trees into the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precious Dar! I love how you added the texture to the clouds. Such a sweet sentiment as well. One we should all do more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great image and I love your sentiment to go along with it! Love the applique for the clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sentiment is such a great reminder that we should all slow down and take time to enjoy the simple things and the people who bring joy to our lives. Also let's include crafting cause crafting makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Serene scene you have created!! Thank for playing along with our " Masculine CAS" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! You kept it clean and simple and nailed the masculine element with you fisherman. -Deb Horst, DT #C4G325

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...Gorgeous card! Sis, love the fabulous style and colour.
    Have a great weekend, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sentiment and image are the perfect pairing Darlene. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome, my friend. Did you know that there's a challenge for when you use a wood block stamp? It was started (as it's run) by Amy Tsuruta (the coffee hop gal) if you're interested. This is really fab.

    If you're interested in a short blog hop (5 stops), you can win some great prizes. RRR - you can check out my blog post or use this link if you want to hop along real quick.
    http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2023/07/really-reasonable-ribbon-july-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sentiment is my constant mantra these days! Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.