Wednesday, July 12, 2023

IN THE GARDEN at the Sisterhood of Crafters

 

 Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Our theme today is:
 
 IN THE GARDEN
 
Two things come to my mind when I heard 'in the garden'!
Growing up, my dad had a green thumb so we had beautiful flower gardens and we also had several vegetable gardens.  In the center of our semi-circular driveway, Dad had flowers for every season but the ones I loved the most were the Sweet Williams that encompassed the circle.  So many colors and OMG the butterflies we used to have ... I used to sit in the grass and just watch them for hours.   

When my younger sister got married, I actually made the wedding bouquets from Dad's flower garden.  I didn't trust myself to do her actual bride's bouquet but I did the attendants (which of course I was one) and the colors were beautiful.
 
I have used an older Sue Wilson 'Australian Background' die set to create the background.

 and the butterflies are from the Memory Box 'Fairlyland Butterfly' (#99078) die.


My sentiment is from Altenew and the flowers are the Paper Studio La Petite 3D stickers from Hobby Lobby.  I have used Tombow markers, a wide bristle artist brush and water to color the butterflies.

 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

 


11 comments:

  1. Adorable card, so sweet and colourful! Love any detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I have a few Sue Wilson dies and I love them all. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene you described such a lovey picture of the garden at your parents house I almost felt I was there.Your card is so beauitful,delicate and the colours are just perfect.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Darlene. I love all the fluttering butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautifully created card, gorgeous butterflies, gorgeous flowers and a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely card , with the sweet butterlfly s , great design
    Nice day and weekend ... Epie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how your beautiful card brought back memories of your dad and his gardens! Those colorful butterflies look beautiful with the flowers and I love how you put this gorgeous card together! Long live good memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful memories this theme has brought up. Your framing is just gorgeous to go with your lovely flowers and floating butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful garden creation you have here Darlene. Ever so pretty and colourful with those flowers and fluttering butterflies. Love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, that's a beautiful garden! I love your story, too. My Mom did the flowers and Dad did the veggies mostly. Actutally, Mom did a little bit of everything. Gorgeous dies and colors here, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of wonderful die cut layers on this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.