Sunday, July 23, 2023

A quick card ...

 Happy Saturday All ...

I've been so busy with 'other stuff', I haven't had much time to play in the craft room but I had this morning so I decided to create a card and join in a couple online challenges.


I've been playing with some new Altenew stamp, stencil & die sets recently and since I had this one ready to go other than the coloring, that was my starting point.  This image is one from the Build-A-Garden collection called Dear Dahlias and I've colored it using TH distress inks in the colors requested for the July Altenew Inspiration Challenge.

July 2023 Inspiration Challenge

I wanted to do something a little 'different' and spotted the Make My Monday Challenge where the theme is to create an APERTURE card.  I've used the Paper Rose 'Stitched Rectangle Frames to create my window.

Paper Rose - Dies - Stitched Rectangle Frames


A few Nuvo drops were used as an accent and I will 'hide' an inside sentiment behind the flower bouquet on the inside pink panel as soon as the drops are dry! lol


Well that's all the time I have for crafting today ... my outside work is calling me so I'd best 'get on the move'!  LOL   Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you've found inspiration in today's card.

As always ...


5 comments:

  1. I love the way you designed this, Darlene! The party on the front goes all the way to the inside. Very pretty! I'm glad you found time to craft today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May be quick, but beautiful !!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty, I like the peek a boo window to go with your sweet flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Darlene, this is amazing! How brilliant to lay the flowers over your window, and what amazing fresh coloring, too! I love this! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful floral card, Darlene! I really love your gorgeous flowers and how you covered the aperture with them. Hope you are enjoying your summer! Thank you for playing with us at the MMM Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.