Monday, January 15, 2024

January 2024 Beautiful Blossoms

 Hello Friends ...

EXCITING NEWS FROM BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS!
We are celebrating our 1st Birthday ... and we're having a party!!

Below you will see my January DT creation to start our new challenge year.
THEN, you will find the details and my card for our Birthday Celebration!

Be sure to come check it out! 
THERE WILL BE PRIZES!!!!

Now onto our January challenge over on the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.


 Here's this months INSPIRATIONAL mood board ...


 Here's my card ...


My focus flower is a stamp & die set from Altenew called 'Build a Garden - Dear Dahlia'.  I've once again used Tombow markers for my coloring and the pretty background paper is from a Dress my Craft 6x6  paper pad called 'Hydrangea Lawns'.  The sentiment is a set from the TON company.  I've also added a few little dabs of Nuvo white crystal drops for added dimension.

OH and forgot to mention ... it's difficult to see, but on the right side you will see that the strip I cut off to make my A6 card panel was then punched using an OLD Martha Stewart border punch then added back over top the decorative panel.  That strip I had to cut off had another one of those lacy corners and I didn't want to lose it so did the next best thing!  LOL

OK YA'LL

IT'S BIRTHDAY TIME!!!

 Here's the inspiration board we are sharing for the birthday portion of our challenge:

  May be an image of prairie gentian and text that says 'Happy Birthday'

 And here is the card I've created . . .


Remember our challenge is all about bring focus to BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS!!

You can play along here:   BIRTHDAY CHALLENGE
and, there are some FABULOUS prizes being given randomly so come join in the fun!

Today I've chosen to use the Altenew Statement Flowers stamp & die set.  I've used Tombow markers for the coloring.  The sentiment is one from the Pink Fresh 'Perfect Sentiments' stamp & die set.  My background frame is a die from Paper Rose 'Stitched Rectangle Frames' (#16679) and I've added a few gems for a touch of sparkle.

Now it's time for you to come check out all the details and come join in the fun!

Hope to see you there!!!

  Here's a friendly rules reminder for this challenge:

  • The challenge will be a Monthly Challenge, starting the 15th of each month and ending the 12th of the following month.
  • The main focus is FLOWERS!
  • A Monthly Mood Board will be provided, you will use it as inspiration.
  • You are limited to 8 entries per challenge.
  • Please link back to us in your entry post and play often!

Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by my blog today ...
I can't express how much it means to me!

As always . . .

 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful indeed. Love all the layers and textures for the month challenge one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, you have created 2 stunning cards and I love the color palettes of each. Thanks so much for your creativity!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOTH cards are absolutely gorgeous, the paper you used on the first is one of my favorites and made a gorgeous background for those luscious flowers!! Well done my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that blue, and look at your beautiful coloring! Some of my favorite designer paper as well. Your punched edge blends in seamlessly, but adds such a pretty touch of something extra. Moving on to the pink... gorgeous flowers backed up with the frame to set them off. It's just lovely, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards - very elegant.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 beautiful cards and flowersx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.