Saturday, January 13, 2024

Sketch #742

   Hello Friends!
Happy Saturday!

 It's time for a new sketch over on the SKETCH SATURDAY Challenge Blog
and, once again we have an added option which is:

USE YOUR SCRAPS

Here's today's sketch . . .

 Here is what I've come up with using many scraps from the pile on my workdesk left over from making holiday cards.  I've use an image from the Penny Black Premium Cardstock pack called 'snowfall serenity'.

 

I've used the brown distress ink left in one of my larger sponge daubers to sponge around the outer edge of my card and panels.  I think it helped bring them together better ... what do you think?

Oh ... and it felt like it needed just a little 'something something' more, so I added the copper colored Nuvo Crystal Drops along the sides.  I don't think it modified the sketch that much and added just what I was looking for.  Hope you like it!

 Won't you come join the fun at Sketch Saturday?

As always, thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and say Hello!


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful peaceful image that is Darlene! I love the warm colours you chose in your papers to frame it too. I'm a bit late but happy new year! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That image is just stunning - what a terrific way to use up some scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty wintery scene you've created with your fun papers! Great take on that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Love the distressing - it really does bring the card together and I love the addition of the gold drops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of layers in the sketch and fun to use your designer papers for it! I love the sepia toned village, and the sponged edges are just the right bit to frame and separate the layers. Those Nuvo drops look perfect. You're so good at applying them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful snowy scene and what fun paper scraps you have used too, the perfect sketch for that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty image and I love the sepia feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree the image is stunning and the papers behind it coordinate perfectly to showcase the image. Great take on a difficult sketch. Smiles Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.