Friday, January 12, 2024

Seize the Birthday

 Hello Friends ... Happy Friday!

The weather has gone crazy within the USA so it's
that time of year where you're just better off staying home and
hiding in your crafting room.  Other than having
to go to the dentist shortly, I'll be in here working and this
morning I decided to play along in the current 'Seize the Birthday'



challenge where the theme is EMBOSSING.


I have used the Altenew 'Fairy Tale Florals 3D' embossing folder for today's card.  After embossing the white panel, I chose to do a little water coloring using my Tombow markers.  There is also a coordinating stencil (which I had available) but felt more like 'coloring' today. LOL

The sentiment is one from the Pink Fresh 'perfect sentiments' stamp & die sets.

This is an awesome set to have on hand.  You can stamp them in different colors so you can coordinate them with your projects.  Die cut them after stamping and they are ready when you are!!

I know it's difficult to see the embossing in the above photo so I did a side shot in hopes that you can see that it really is an embossing folder lol.


A few color coordinating Nuvo Crystal Drops for a little more dimension and my card is ready to mail.  

Other challenges to share in:

Craft Rocket Challenge #110 - Embossing
Creative Inspiration Challenge #10 - ATG
Elliebelle's Crafty Wednesday January Challenge - ATG

I hope you're having a great day and are safe & healthy! 
Like I said I know the weather in some parts of the country is being very difficult to deal with so please be careful.  Here we are having a bathroom remodel going on so I'm not straying too far from the house unless I absolutely have to.  LOL   Another good excuse to hide out in my crafting cave.

As always ...


6 comments:

  1. Love these bright and cheerful flowers on this gorgeous birthday card!

    So true about the current weather situation around the country!! This morning they temporarily suspended snow removal around our area due to the hazardous conditions. I feel so bad for those that do need to get out!
    Thanks so much for linking up at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card, Darlene! Love that EF and that you chose bright colors to brighten up the mood of winter! Hope your dentist appointment went well. Thanks for choosing to play along with Seize the Birthday! We appreciate it. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely breath of fair weather and a welcome sight, for sure! I love this beautiful embossing folder. I placed a scrapbook.com order yesterday. I should have seen your post first, sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card looks so happy and bright! Love the watercoloured flowers and I can definitely see the embossing. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful floral card, makes me so hopeful for Spring seeing the pretty florals, such pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.