Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Double D - 8th Birthday/Anniversary

 

 Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
It's our 8th Birthday / Anniversary
(did you know that the 8th Anniversary is BRONZE?)

and here's an inspiration board created to help get you started . . .
 
 
 
 I had purchased a sheet of 12x12 bronze glitter card stock several years ago and had yet to cut into ... until today that is!  I thought it would be the perfect backdrop for today's celebration card.  Sadly you can't see just how beautiful this paper is in the photo ... the subtle sparkle is beautiful and the bronze shiny card stock worked perfectly for my Paper Rose Stitched Rectangle Frame (#16679)



My sentiment die is by Poppstamps and is called 'Jumbled Happy Birthday' (#1472).  Unfortunately I don't see where this die is still available for purchase ... which is sad because I think it's a fabulous die set!  
 
The flowers I've used I believe are Prima ... I bought them at Hobby Lobby YEARS ago.  I have a lot of various color/size flowers in my stash and I thought these with the added sparkle on the petals would work perfectly.    Don't you think?
 

  Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!
We have a fabulous prize to offer for this special occasion ...

Prize is for ONE winner
Altenew Floral Frame Stamp set & Project sheet
Spellbinders Hand Drawn Scallops EB folder
Scrapbookdotcom Glitter Brush Marker

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!! 

Come back tomorrow too as those crazy two
challenge ladies (Diane and myself) have put together a
NEW challenge blog called Word Power,
you can read all about it HERE!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Us!! Your sparkle-y shimmery card is gorgeous and works perfectly for our challenge today, good thing you saved it all these years as it sure came in handy for this celebration! It's been a pleasure working with you these last eight years on our fun blog and becoming besties, thanks for all YOU do to keep us going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty background and I love those beautiful blossoms too! Happy 8th Birthday! AHmazing! Cheers to many more! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eye went right to that beautiful center flower! Your card is magnificent and stunning. Wonderful way to celebrate a birthday/anniversary too. I love this team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Darlene!! What a fun way to celebrate you and Diane and all the hard work you do to bring inspiration to the masses. Thanks so much for bringing eight years of joy and craftiness to all your participants. You two are the best of the best and I'm so grateful to be part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Darlene. I see the sparkle in that glitter paper and the metallic frame is a perfect contrast. What a fun birthday sentiment and pretty flowers! Thanks for all you do at the DD. I am honored and privileged to be a "charter" member of the DT. Looking forward to another great year. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do see the shine of the bronze, did not know it was for the 8th Celebration. Congrats and thanks on sticking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene, congratulations on this 8th anniversary - and how do you celebrate it? With ANOTHER challenge! You're like the Energizer Bunny!
    Wonderful card - you won't believe this: I have that same glitter paper!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that glitter cardstock is the prettiest! I would grab that right up if I spotted it in a shop. Your flowers are super pretty with their shimmer and shine and all framed up in gleaming gold. Loving that big sentiment to really make a statement. Plus so much easier than skinny die cuts. Darlene, I'm so happy to be on this team. You have the best challenges. Thank you, and congratulations on another year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative and so much beauty in this design, love seeing what you make xx ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 8th birthday, love the sparkle you have in this card, perfect for your celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a beautiful, glittery card. It's a perfect take on the challenge. I'm so honored to be a part of this amazing team of talented artists, and you and Diane are such gracious and lovely hosts. Thanks for a fabulous 8 years, and heres to many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card to celebrate 8 yrs x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.