Sunday, March 17, 2024

Peace on Earth Challenge #60

 

 Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog! 
SO happy you stopped by!

Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG.  Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun! 

Here's a fun inspiration board we've created to help get you started ...


 I just love all the awesome Santa images available to create with!  The old vintage Santa's I truly love and if you come to my house over the holidays, you will see Santa's in nearly every room of my house!  LOL  My dear husband has bought me several amazingly beautiful Santa's over the years making my collection even more precious!  (my little Pipka Santa's are some of my favorites!)

 Anyways, here's what I've created for you today . . .


This image is an old La Blanche stamp (based out of the UK) that I purchased many years ago when friend Joan Fricker had her shop out in Indiana and a group of us would gather there each summer for a workshop.  She now lives in FL and no longer has a crafting store but many wonderful memories and friends came out of my time spent in Indiana at her home.  THAT is where I met my BFF Diane (Nellie's Nest) and we have remained friends for all these years and as you know have created several challenge blogs together. 

 I have colored a small portion of the image using Tombow markers and I've used scraps from my holiday stack of scraps for my background & inside decor.  Isn't he a Jolly Old Santa!

Here's a peek at the inside of my card . . .


I've used an old SU photo corner punch and the same scraps as the front to help showcase my sentiment.  Easy Peasy but still adds a little something something!  

Challenges to share in:

Christmas Craft Creations March Challenge - Designer Paper (4/9)
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #55 - ATG Christmas (4/15)
Krafty Chicks Challenge #707 - Christmas (4/21)

 PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs our design team has created for your inspiration.  What a group of talented ladies!!  Then come join in the fun!! 

  Have a great day!

As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Such a really jolly Santa - can hear him ho ho hoing from here xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is jolly old saint nick for sure, you don't normally get to see his teeth too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bold image is giving a vintage feeling to me. Nice!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Darlene! Love the vintage look of this. It's nice that this fabulous Santa requires very little coloring, too. I also have quite a few Santas around my house at Christmastime. Love my pencil Santas the best I think, because they sit on the windowsill all tall and skinny... Okay, now you're making me feel all Christmasy. I remember Joan Fricker. That's cool you met Diane at one of her workshops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, your Santa has stolen my heart today! How handsome!
    I never had the pleasure of going to Joan's house, but I have visited Palette and Paper in Indianapolis! Mare has a fabulous workshop there!
    Now, off I go to find a Santa [or two]!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that santa image! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a jolly looking Santa face and I love the papers you used. I am especially fond of those corners you used inside the card too. Beautiful Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.