Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Double D - Shamrocks / Clover / Luck / Leprechaun

 

 

 Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
Shamrocks / Clover / Luck / Leprechaun
(anything GREEN or LUCKY)
 
and here's an inspiration board created to help get you started . . .
 

 
 If you've heard this story before, forgive me for repeating myself but this is St. Patty's Day was a special day for my Dad ... it's the day he went to meet the Lord!  During his cancer journey, I was working for (my now) husband and I had the 17th of March marked with a big green shamrock saying LUCKY DAY!  And even though it was one of the saddest days of my life, it was my Dad's luckiest so I hang on to that!!

Anyways, here's wishing you GOOD LUCK this year in whatever you do!!
 
 
 
 The background paper comes from a paper pack by the Paper Studio purchased at Hobby Lobby.  I die cut a white panel using one of the Tutti Designs Scallop Rectangle dies and created my sentiment by die cutting the letters from the 'Typewriter Alphabet Upper & Lower Case' dies from Scrapbook dot com.  I fussy cut one of the shamrocks from a scrap of the paper to add in the middle then noticed my Stampendous Gold Dots hanging on the accessory wall so added a few in the corners ... need that touch of GOLD for extra luck ya know!  lol
 
 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

6 comments:

  1. That's all you need in life, is a little luck! Love the pretty Designer Papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bittersweet memory you shared. Your card is just as cute as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I have ever heard that story before about your dad and St Patrick's Day. Certainly was a special day for him and for you to remember it so well. I love your card with all of the lovely green and lucky symbols.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is packed full of luck! Awesome patterned paper. Love the pop of gold which is always needed when shamrocks are around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! LOVE me a good checkered shamrock, this is just FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the heck out of that paper and it makes the perfect backdrop for your carefully crafted sentiment. You've got some tricky fingers to cooperate in lining up those letters so perfectly. I now remember how this day is bittersweet for you. Life is full of happy memories tinged with sadness at times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.