Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Goodies from Adventures in Stamping Convention

 Hello Friends ...

Over this past weekend I attended the annual Adventure in Stamping convention held here in Akron, OH at the John S. Knight Center on Saturday & Sunday.  My friend Sandy came up from North Carolina and along with her and one of her other Ohio friends, we all went and shopped till we dropped!  LOL

Things have changed a bit over the years with this convention (also Covid didn't help) ... there used to be many many more (nearly 50) vendors and this year it was down to 18.  But I guess it's been taken over by another group and there was some confusion and vendors didn't get signed on soon enough to partake.  But we've been promised there will once again be more vendors next year!

Anyways ... even though there were fewer vendors, it didn't take me long to go through the cash I had on hand and grab for my credit card!  LOL   Here a few of the goodies I purchased and Sandy & I spend all day yesterday 'playing' with some of our new goodies (and other stuff too lol).

One thing I purchased years ago and don't use often enough are my Pan Pastels.  They are like a creamy chalk and blend beautifully!  I have other stamps/colors that I've bought from past years conventions but here are a couple new stamps I bought this year and the panels I created using them.  (obviously I haven't created with all of them yet but I will share when I do).

FUNNY STORY  (have you ever done this?)

You see the stamp on the right side in the above photo ... 
Well obviously I really like that one because I got home and opened my container of Pan Pastel goodies and discovered I had bought that same stamp last year ... GEESH!  So, Sandy didn't have that one and I gave it to her.  Guess I should have looked at what I had before I went (will remember to list them for next year lol).

Here are a couple other panels that we did as make & takes at the Pan Pastel booth.


 Another one of my favorite booths to visit is Technique Junkies.
They have some unique stamps and always have a 'good deal' going on for the show.
Here's one of the stamps I purchased with a card such as the one I created to share with you today in mind.  Sometimes just a pretty corner & a sentiment is all that is required.


Here's a few more stamps that I bought at Technique Junkies ... a few I thought would work well with the Pan Pastels for scenery panels.  What do you think?  Nothing says you have to JUST use what one company is selling ... as you see I used the one with the birds on the fence posts with my pan pastels in the sample I created in the first photo above.  Once I turn it into a card, add a sentiment, I think it will be awesome.

And here's a couple more that I just thought would be nice for cards.


ANOTHER one of my favorites are the TOPPERS I have discovered at the show.
I still have several different packs from last years show but I knew I wanted more.  Didn't think at first I was going to find them but then I did discover the booth that had a few.  Not as big of a selection as there usually is but some that I didn't have or needed to replace so here's what I bought.  This will keep me happy until next years convention lol.



Sandy spotted this Gift Card Holder die and since she and I both do a Fall Craft Show in our local areas and gift card holders are always a good seller, we both purchased one.  Something a little different which is what the folks at the shows are always looking for.   I'm sharing a quick sample I made and when I get around to making them for the show I will share them with you.



   And last but not least ... the STAMP ON IT goodies.
Here's a quick card I made yesterday using these images/glitter sheets.


It's difficult to capture how beautiful these turn out in my photos.
There are images on acetate sheets and glitter sheets which are sticky on one side.
You peel the backing off the glitter sheet and adhere it to the BACK of the acetate image panel.
Then cut it how ever you want to create your cards. 
 
I purchased a pack of the slimline window overlays (like I've used in the above card) for something different.  I don't make many slimline cards but I think they will like them at the show in November ... something different for them.  

This is what the sheet looks like after adhering the glitter sheet to the back.  I've used a blue background mat on my card panel but as you can see it would have been a lot brighter had I just stuck with the white.


Here are a few of the sheets I purchased this year.  I still have several different sheets from past years.  I need to take a day and just play with these images/glitter sheets.  I don't have them sitting right in front of me so forget I have them to play with until convention time rolls around again and then I remember OH YEA I HAVE THOSE!  lol


The glitter sheet looks pink in the photo but it is white/clear.


 If you've stuck with me to the end, THANKS!!!
I know it was a long post but was excited to share some of the different goodies that are available out there that you might not be familiar with.

Have a great week ahead!!

As always ...

5 comments:

  1. It loos like you had lots of fun. It’s always great to have new things. It really inspires you! great job, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun read and good for you being so creative already with all your NBUS goodies, Darlene! And, of course, shopping and playing with friends is just the best! Finally, thank you (?, lol) for enabling me to learn about a new company and order some of their beautiful products! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun post like this is never too long! I love the unboxing. So many fabulous goodies. Oh, how I miss our local papercrafts store. My friend and I would have many happy excursions there. Your scenery cards are amazing with the pan pastels. I LOVE the birds on a fence stamp and all the TJ stamps. The Blue Knight scenery stamps make me long to be there and I don't know if that's ever going to happen again with Rich not very able anymore. Your glitter sheet card with the blue background looks like nighttime. Versatility takes you to beautiful places. Thank you for sharing all your treasures, Darlene! This was the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Darlene, these are great finds! Even with just 18 vendors there are so many wonderful things you picked up. I love the slimline card overlays and the gift card holder is a perfect addition to any craft room. The toppers are really cool too! I'm so glad you had a good time with your friends and got a lot of new products too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my it does look like you have found some goodies to play with, and did some pretty make and takes too. We had our convention here the beginning of April but didn't make it, dealing with bad balance issues and didn't know how I would do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.