Saturday, May 11, 2024

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist / Flowers

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

FLOWERS

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  



WOW What fun I had creating today's card!!

Product used:
Darice 'Cherry Blossom' Embossing Folder
Heartfelt Creations sentiment stamp & die (RAK from NC BFF Sandy)
Tombow Markers
Artist Brush / Water

Here is an embossing folder I had yet to even open!  It's been in my basket of folders for quite some time now and for some reason I kept passing over it!  WELL, today I tossed the packaging and it's now available in my basket for use again & again.

I wasn't real sure which way I wanted to use this folder.  First I embossed a panel and just colored in the three largest blossoms with my Tombow Marker ... but then I felt that was too 'harsh' so I ran through another embossed panel and used the same pink Tombow marker but this time water colored the three larger blossoms.  I first colored the outline of the flowers by turning my marker on it's side and just gently sliding it over the upraised portion.

Once those three flowers were colored in, I decided to color the outline of all the other flowers to help make them stand out a bit more and really like how that looked!  Lastly I went into the variety of Heartfelt Creations sentiments my N.C. BFF Sandy gifted me with and chose this beauty.  She even wet embossed these panels and added the background die cut which gives them added dimension.  All I had to do was color in the roses and adhere it to the front of my card panel.   Aren't Crafting Friends THE BEST!!!

I do hope you'll come check out our challenge blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .



9 comments:

  1. So nice, Darlene! I like it that you colored just a few flowers.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you selected just a few flowers to color, and I never thought of using a marker to highlight the raised edges like that, what a wonderful result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created and a fabulous sentiment, about time you used that gorgeous folder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie, pretty! I have this folder and have never thought of coloring it. I do love its delicate lines. I'm the worst for passing over my new things for too long a time, but that's because I have far too many new things. When in my wildest dreams do I think I'm going to use all of it? The sentiment is beautiful, too. Very crisp and it looks absolutely fabulous with the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty. And I love those sweet little rosebuds. You have used that embossing folder beautifully, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE that gorgeous sentiment placed over the top of that fabulously colored embossed panel. This card is just wonderful with all of those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you made those 3 larger blooms stand out. The colouring is gorgeous and just soft enough to be a beautiful backing to your lovely sentiment. So creative and clever, my friend! Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely fresh and bright! Great colour combo, design and stylish x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love the coloring of the embossing folder, pretty softness to the flowers and the little added roses are a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.