Wednesday, May 8, 2024

For the LADIES at the Sisterhood of Crafters

 Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Our theme today is:
 
For the LADIES
 
 

 I didn't want to make just a floral card so I went to Pinterest and did a search on 'For the Ladies Cards' just to see what it came back with.  Well, I came upon this card and the originator actually had a YouTube video on how to create it.   HERE'S the link.
 
 I used designer paper from the Mintay 'Yes I Do' paper pack and 'old' SU Pink Pirouette card stock.  My buttons and pears were created with Nuvo Crystal Drops and the flowers are a couple old ones from my Prisma stash.  Nuvo was also used for the flower center.

TIP:  To get my pearl necklace so even, I took one of the smaller circle dies
and laid it on the white panel and then put my Nuvo drops.  Using the die
as a guide.  Be careful when pulling the die away as not to disturb your drops.

This is my 1st time making a 'shirt/blouse' card and I can already
see a few changes I would make using the products I have on hand.  The
demonstrators looks better but then again I made an A6 card and she
made an A2 ... believe it or not, that does make a bit of difference.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!

 



5 comments:

  1. We were so on the same vibe. I had not seen yours till I was ready to post mine. Very cool way to get your string of pearls on straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool, I think your looks terrific, very creative with the pearl necklace too, Gorgeous papers and flowers for it too! Thanks for sharing the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, for heaven's sake, this is way too darn cute! The papers are perfect for it, and the pearl necklace and buttons are the perfect finish. I really can't say enough. I'm picturing old-timey grandma or "church lady". What an absolutely FUN way to use your papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty blouse card, Darlene. Great tip about layering your pearls. I can't do it by hand either. I normally go looking around for an object that fits and then trace it with thin glue dots. Then quickly place the pearls on the dots before the glue has a chance to dry :-)
    Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Love this design! The pearls, buttons, just everything is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.