Friday, May 31, 2024

Playing with my old Wooden Block stamps . . .

 Hello Everyone & Happy Friday!

WOW!  Another month ending ... where is the time going???

In talking with my BFF Diane (Nellie's Nest) yesterday, she brought a fun challenge to my attention and of course I just had to join her in playing along. 

It's a 'new to me' blog called Tsuruta Designs where she has a challenge the last Wednesday of each month called Wood Block Wednesday.  So glad I'm able to get in on this one since as many of you, I have a TON of old wooden block stamps that could really use some LOVE.  What a great opportunity to do so and what fun!! 

Here's what I came up with ... hope you're inspired to join in and have wooden block fun of your own!!


The stamps I have used are Northwood Rubber Stamps (circa 2006) and my sentiment stamp is Serendipity Stamp (circa 2008).

Though difficult to see in the final card photo, I have cut around the butterfly and it's popped up with dimensional tape.  Tombows were used for my coloring and Pan Pastel was used for the blue background.  Hand faux stitching finished off this beauty!

Here's while it was in process . . .


What fun to go through my many stamps and choose one to play with.  I'll have to mark my calendar so I remember to pop back over next month and join in the fun again!


Other challenges to share in:

Krafty Chicks Challenge #718 - ATG



Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - ATG
The Paper Funday May Challenge #65 - ATG with Optional Twist: Flower Shoppe
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #469 - Any Occasion
Shopping our Stash Challenge #522 - How Does Your Garden Grow

Here's wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .







6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's a beautiful card and stamp, I think Northwoods made some of the prettiest stamps and this is one of them!! That butterfly is gorgeous!! Glad to see it put to ink and paper, it deserves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, and a beautiful stamp! Some of the old wood blocks are the best. I have a ton and should plan on joining in on the next one. You brought this one back to life beautifully. The butterfly is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beauty! I'm so happy that you're playing along with Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Love the colors and vibrancy! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The older wooden block stamps bring back memories, and they stamp so well. Your card is cheerful and colorful. Thanks for inspiring us with your lovely card at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous, Darlene! The wooden block stamps always seemed to stamp so much better! Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge xoxoox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.