Thursday, May 9, 2024

Creating Backgrounds

 Hello friends ...

WOW it's certainly been a busy week around here and so many life things have been cutting into my crafting time but I was able to squeeze in a little time to play with my Pan Pastels to create a few backgrounds and so quickly finished this one to share with you today.

I have a bad habit of buying new stuff at the stamping convention  ... playing with it for a day then forgetting about it until months (or a year) later when I go back to convention! LOL  

I spotted the 'Create Your Own Background' challenge over on Little Red Wagon so that was the inspiration for this card.


 I've used Pan Pastels for my coloring/background,
then Blue Knight & Stampscape stamps for the foreground. 

 A few challenges I'd love to share in:

Little Red Wagon Challenge #755 - Create Your Own Background
Crafty Animals Challenge #83 - ATG w/animals (birds qualify I hope)
Stamping Sensations May Challenge - ATG using stamps

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
We just had 7 yds of mulch delivered so you know what
I'll be doing in between rain drops this week.

As always . . .


7 comments:

  1. Oh heck yea, this is super. Sometimes we need to review our own inventory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! How beautiful this is! Your Pan Pastels appear to be the perfect medium for a lovely sky background for this amazing stamped scene! Good luck with all that mulch! We're finally having some sun and warm temps, but it's not expected to last long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene, this is gorgeous! What an amazing scene you have created with your pan pastels. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at LRW. Glad you were able to use some of you wonderful stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Darlene, so much depth of colour created with Pan Pastels. Ans so pleased to see them being used, I love mine but so few crafters seem to use them these days.

    Love to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Darlene. Your colouring of the background is stunning. Such warm and bright hues. Love it! Lena xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on your background, always love sunsets! Be careful with that mulch and don't over do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.