Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Playing with scraps . . .

 Hello All ... how's your Tuesday going?

Today I spent a little time cleaning up the cave and creating with scraps vs tossing them in the trash.  I had a few scraps from the same paper pack so I cut them in various sizes and created backgrounds.  THEN I turned those backgrounds into cards ... hope you like them.

The papers used for these cards is an old (but never opened) pack from Simple Stories called 'winter wonder'.  They are double sided so that made it even better with the technique I used for my backgrounds.

  I also used a pack of the Paper Studio 'stick-a-bilities' for my accents.  That pack has been hanging on my accessory wall for months (probably years lol).

Card #1

(inside)



Card #2


(inside)



Card #3


(inside)


A few challenges to share in:

AAA Birthday Birthday Card Challenge #65 - Background Focus

Archi-scraps September Challenge - Lots of Layers

(Pin)spiration September Challenge - Stitching

Snippets Playground Challenge #489 - using scraps


Ok, fun time over for today ... need to take my car up for an oil change!
Always something lol

Until next time ... thanks for stopping by and have a great remainder of your day!!

As always . . .


2 comments:

  1. great set of cards with pretty backgrounds. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how you used your papers, Darlene! I'm noting those two strips inside Card #2, and the covered frame on the front. I really love the paper strips layout (herringbone?). Sometimes I have the most fun when I'm just cleaning up my room. Seems cards always happen. These are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.