Thursday, September 12, 2024

Words have Power

 Hello Friends ...

I've created a card today to share in a couple fun challenges out in blogland.  And, also to remind crafters about our WORD POWER challenge blog.  There are so many wonderful sentiment stamps & dies out there that I'm sure we all have in our stash, that was the main reason Diane & I created the WORD POWER challenge blog.  Giving us all a place to share those encouraging & powerful words with others.  Here's what I've created for you today . . .


Sad to say, but sympathy cards are my most requested cards from friends & family.  So that was the theme I went with in today's creation.

The large Sympathy sentiment is a die from Tutti Designs and my sentiment stamp is one I purchased last year at the Adventures in Stamping convention held here in Akron every spring. The company is called My Craft Project.com and this particular stamp is 'Goodbyes are not Forever'.

Goodbyes are not forever Goodbyes are not the end they simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again - Creative Imprints rubber stamp

After stamping my sentiment onto a scrap of white card stock, I die cut it using the Cottage Cutz Nested Stitched Eyelet Circle die set. (CCB-056 - now retired)

I've added Prima flowers and Nuvo White crystal drops for my embellishment.  My background papers are from a very old DCWV paper pack.

A few challenges to share in:

A Cut Above Die Cut September Challenge - ATG with die cuts + optional/Monochromatic
Cut It Up Challenge #312 - What's in Your Garden (flowers)
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Stamp It
Die Cut Diva's - Sympathy

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you're experiencing beautiful Fall temperatures like we are here in Akron, OH.
There's something about Fall that just makes me want to get outside in the morning with my cup of coffee and listen to the birds singing ... housework will always be there!  LOL

Remember, we have 10 different challenge blogs that we have created for you
so take a peek at the sidebar ... I'm sure you'll find something you'd love to create and share in.

Have a great day . . .


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy card, Darlene. Great mix of patterned papers. I love the stamped sentiment and how you made it the focal image. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's September Anything Goes With A Die Cut and optional Monochromatic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful and meaningful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful combination of stamped sentiment, die cut sentiment, and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so delighted you chose to share your gorgeous creation with us at Cut It Up!
    Please do come back again!
    All the best, Jackie DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad that they are so much needed, it seems the older I get the more I need them too. This is a beautiful creation for a sympathy card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing die cut and lovely design. Thanks for sharing at Cut it Up's "What's in your garden?" challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.