Thursday, September 26, 2024

Wood Block Wednesday

 

Hello Friends
 
Amy Tsuruta has her Woodblock Wednesday challenge up and running and I've been trying to join in each month as it gives me the opportunity to play with all my old wooden block stamps which don't get the love they deserve since clear stamps came about.
 

 As a lot of you know, my good friend and crafting buddy Doni High (Lime Green Giggles) passed away in May.  I was thrilled when her family offered her stamps & dies to me to continue using in honor of my good friend.  This is one of the few wooden block stamps she had in her stash.  She had LOTS of clear stamps but I'm thinking when clear stamps became popular she must have down sized and got rid of her wooden stamps.  

 

This is a House Mouse Designs (circa 1998) stamp called 'Pincushion' which I colored using Tombow markers, artist brush & water.  

I've used scraps of Fall Sunflower papers to create my background.

Challenges to share in:

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #424 - Use Scraps of Paper
Paper Minutes Challenge #865 - Autumn
Make My Monday Challenge #235 - May Your Own Background
Retro Rubber Challenge #240 - Piecemeal Sketch

RRCB 240

Why not pop over and check out all these blogs and play along !
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day ahead!!
As always . . .
 


6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorably CUTE and love the pretty background too, an awesome stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute to your friend. Love how you made that woodblock image pop with the fun background.
    Thanks so much for joining me for this month's Woodblock Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a bright and beautiful card you have made. Love the stamp you used and your scraps look awesome. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story behind this House Mouse stamp. They are absolutely delightful! The background fits our sketch perfectly! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene gorgeous card
    Thank you for playing with us at the
    House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Darlene! Such a gorgeous background for those little cuties - so fun! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.