Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Christmas Candles

 


 Hello Friends ...

I'm still in need of many more holiday cards (that's what I get for making them available at my Fall Craft Shows lol) so here's another one I whipped up yesterday from the piles of new products that hadn't yet been put away.

The background paper is a 2-sided pack from Memory Box called Christmas Plaid (PP1009).  You can see what the reverse side looks like via my design.  After cutting it to size for my A6 card, I tore the excess panel and adhered it to the bottom portion of my card background.  

Memory Box Christmas Plaid 6" x 6" Paper Pack PP1009 - Marco's Paper

The candles are a die set by Dee's Distinctively (IME-192 Classic Candle Set).  

Die-cut Classic Candle Set

I die cut from a scrap of white card stock then colored the candle sticks with a red Tombow Marker, the flames with a yellow Tombow Marker and added white Liquid Applique to the dripping to add dimension by lightly heating it to make it puff up.

Gold metallic paper was used to die cut the Memory Box 'Special Merry Christmas' (94499) sentiment as well as the 'candle stick holders' I created for the base of my candles. 

 

 A quick, easy & fun card to create!  I hope you like it!!

 Challenges to share in:

Cards 4 Guyz Challenge #284 - Gingham, Checks or Plaids
The Holly & The Ivy Christmas Challenge #106 - ATG Christmas

 Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!
Hope you're having a FABULOUS week!

As always . . .


6 comments:

  1. Totally stunning. I love the tartan papers used with the candles and how you tore the strip and placed at the bottom. Such a simple yet very effective idea. Love this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The candles and plaid are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Better get a hustle on...Christmas is coming. I'm feeling like I'm behind and working on Christmas cards too. Love the pretty paper and those candles are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture you've achieved on your candles Darlene. What a fab paper pad, how could you bare to break into it? Thanks for linking up at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those those candles...they shine brightly against that gorgeous plaid paper. Thanks for joining us and playing along with our "gingham, checks, and plaids" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your candles, the way you did the drippings it looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.