Thursday, November 4, 2021

Repurposing today . . .

 Hello Friends ... Welcome Back to my blog!

Another small stack of holiday cards showed up in the mailbox the other day from one of the many companies we make contributions to and since I've already given my family a huge bag of cards they can use this year to send out I decided to REPURPOSE this group.

Even though the cards were beautiful on their own, I got busy doing some die cutting and turned them into the cards below ... hope you like them!

Obviously this original card was a big card since this is just a portion of Mr. Bluejay lol.  I cut down the front of another card and adhered it to my A6 white card base for the background.  Stamped one of my many holiday sentiments onto a die cut flag and VIOLA! 

Another large card from which I die cut the oval twice from the front using one to mat behind the snowman die cut image.   I stippled white paint onto a background panel of light blue cardstock for my background and wanted to pull in the red color from his scarf so looked into the box of off cut shapes and found this red rectangle that worked perfectly.  Another stamped sentiment onto a flag and we have another creation ready to sell or send!  The red glitter snowflake was laying on the table from a past project so of course I just had to add it as an embellishment too.

 

I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with this card front but then I walked past my book of tag dies and it was open to this particular set of tags and Poof!  a light bulb went off in my head and this card was born.  By simply adding red satin ribbon & a sentiment the tag card was half done.  I'm not wild about a simple solid background so I embossed a panel of winter green (which is actually in the image but hidden by the ribbon now) used an old Cuttlebug holly embossing folder and that's all I felt was needed. 

I have one more card from the set with a big beautiful red barn on it and I'm not real sure what I'm going to do with that but it will have to wait because I have a show this Saturday and I need to quit playing around and make sure I have what I need for that.  So the red barn card will just have to wait!  LOL

OH and this is the inside sentiment on each of these cards ...

Challenges to share in:
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge (ends 11/8) - Christmas
Crafty Creations November Challenge - ATG
ElleBelles Crafty Wednesday Challenge - Dies & Punches
Fab 'n Funky Challenge #538 (ends 11/10) - Christmas

Thanks for stopping in and I hope you're having a fabulous week!

As always ...


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful way to recycle the charity cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recycle of your cards, I redo mine making gift tags with them, I have quite a bag of them from over the years but never thought to use them on a card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so clever and sweet Dar! I have saved a stack of old Christmas cards that were sent to us along the years, that I liked the images on. I should repurpose them. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each one is so beautifully done with these gorgeous images from recycled cards! And all sentiments are just wonderful!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful recycling, Darlene! These are awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your upcycled cards are gorgeous Darlene, it's a great idea to do this rather than waste them, wll done!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n' Funky.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job with your repurposing, I love what you did with the blue jay card

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get lots of these in the mail, too. Save the ones I love best and give the rest away. I've hardly ever done anything with the cards I've saved, but I love looking at them. You, however, always use them so well. These are some beauties!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.