Saturday, January 14, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - DOTS

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is 'DOTS'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


Back in November, I spotted a stack of kraft paper atop one of my shelves and wondered how it look like if I stamped a winter image (in this case an old Inkadinkado stamp) onto it then used a white watercolor pencil to color in the image.  Not bad I guess ... then I embossed the entire panel using a very old (I think it was my first embossing folder) Swiss Dot embossing folder.  Then to make it look more 'snowy' I sponged on some white craft ink.

I matted my image onto a panel of black card stock and using a white gelly roll pen, created the white DOTS around the outside edge.  Since the theme is DOTS, I figured I needed even more dots and found this 6x6 designer paper in a very old Basic Grey paper pad for my background.

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

6 comments:

  1. A very nice scene: I like the brown stamping!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous! Sure turned out great for using so much "old" stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this scene is simply fabulous!! Using white pencil on kraft is GENIUS. And the Swiss dot embossed background is the perfect final touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of this on kraft, plus how you embossed the image panel. I always mean to do that but forget. I believe the Swiss Dot folder was my first, too. Still use it fairly often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cozy cabin nestled in the pines, just like here, but fortunately not covered in snow yet!! This embossing folder is always a 'go to' folder for me and is one of my first a well, it has been so over used it has a tiny crack in it lol, anyhow an absolutely fun and creative scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that image looks terrific on the kraft, and like how you highlighted it, great idea to add the dots around to frame it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.