Sunday, January 15, 2023

EXCITING NEWS to share . . .

 Hello Friends!

I hope your new year is off to an amazing start!!
I've been keeping this exciting news under wraps for awhile now and today I get to tell you all about it!! There's a brand new, fun challenge starting up today that's all about FLOWERS and I've been invited to be on their design team!

It's called BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS!


This will be a monthly challenge which goes live on the 15th of each month!
And, as I stated, the main focus will be FLOWERS.  There will be a monthly
mood board provided but it's strictly for inspiration!

Here's our January mood board ... again ... Inspiration Only, your project does not have to follow the board but it's a wonderful 'starting' point . . .


I was drawn to the blue & brown color combination and here's what I've created for you today.  I was in need of a quick gift for a friend and with the cold/flu season in full swing, I thought maybe this pretty tissue box cover would help her through the season.


I have had this 12x12 sheet of designer paper in my stash for YEARS and it was exactly what I was looking for today.  The flowers are Heartfelt Creations that I've had die cut (also for years) that were stamped using brown ink vs black ... perfect!

I have been making these tissue box covers for years and they happen to be one of my top sellers at the craft shows.  If you're interested in making one for yourself, you can find the required measurement details under my header in the Tutorial Tab.


I've stacked a few sizes of the same flower for the front panel but then just used individual flowers (various sizes) for the top of my box.  A couple different colors of Nuvo drops were added around the opening and the flower centers.

I do hope you'll come check out this new challenge blog and play along!
This challenge will run from January 15th through February 12th.

BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS CHALLENGE


Challenges to share in:
 
Allsorts Challenge - ATG / Winter Blues
 
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

21 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS project Darlene, very beautifully done!
    Have a nice sunday.
    Hug, Wilma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fantastic project and a practical one too. I have 2 tissue boxes that are begging to be covered up so thanks for the inspiration and for a wonderful team project for our 1st challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and creative. a gift your friend will treasure for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so beautifully and the paper you used was a perfect choice for it! I made one of these some years ago but then it no longer fit my room décor so I removed it. Maybe I'll make another one!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge! Oh, and congrats on your new DT position at the Beautiful Blossoms challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This thoughtful gift would brighten anyone's day. And, by the way, you must have an amazing stash!!! The blue/brown combo is stunning. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Anything Goes challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new DT Darlene and great to see a new challenge opening when so many are closing.Fabulous tissue box cover-I love making these too-Beautiful flowers and P.paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new DT Darlene and sounds right up my alley with the blossoms so looking forward to playing, half way through a blue and brown project at the moment so will get that done pronto now..I love your tissue box with those lovely papers and flowers, so beautiful,.and the little pop of red with the ladybird, is delightful, love it..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful gift, Darlene! So thoughtful and the paper and flowers are perfect for this first challenge. Can't wait to see what you create next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great time to employ your lovely stash paper, Dar, and make a lovely tissue box! It's a wonderful gift, especially with the pretty, dimensional flowers. Thanks for creating something extra special for our first Beautiful Blossoms challenge!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely décor piece. Thank you for sharing it with us in our Allsorts 'Winter blues' challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats sis, lovely creative designs to start your DT placement x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely way to display your blooms, thanks for sharing at our AG/Feeling Blue theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your first creation for this design team. I always use your instructions when I make a tissue box cover! You will be such an asset for this team! Lovely sunflowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the new Design Team! What a delightful first project. Love the blue and brown combination - a beautiful and thoughtful gift at this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful box; wonderful die cuts! The paper and design are so lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just thinking, this would be perfect over at Paper à la Mode where the theme is "Let's Get Started" and it's any medium, but NO cards! Here's the link if you'd like to play along: https://theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com/2022/12/the-outlawz-saturday-paper-la-mode.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always loved these tissue boxes you make, and this one is particularly lovely in the soft blue paper with the flowers stamped in brown. It's perfect! Congratulations on your DT position and their first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun with the new Challenge team, flowers are the best, that will be a fun challenge to do. Your tissue boxes are always gorgeous and this one is right up there, your friend will have something beautiful to look at as she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love you're creation, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper a la mode challenge blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous layering on those flowers and oh my goodness I love how the box turned out. Really beautiful paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful 😍. Thank you for sharing this with us at The Paper A La Mode Challenges Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.