Monday, January 16, 2023

January birthdays . . .

 Happy Monday All!

WOW can you believe we are already into mid January?

My mom's birthday was in January and I actually have several friends who share a birthday around the same time as hers (Happy early Heavenly Birthday Mom) ... so I'd better get busy creating special cards for these special people.  

I did get this one done over the weekend using the new Lisa Horton 'Shower of Roses' embossing folder I treated myself to recently.  Such a beautiful embossing folder and the center cut is an actual die inside the folder.  So clever and unique.  I'll be using this folder A LOT!!  lol

Lisa Horton Crafts - 3D Embossing Folder - Shower of Roses

 This folder is a 6 x 6 and my card is an A6 so I cut my white panel to the size I needed then carefully placed it inside the folder to be sure I positioned the opening properly one side to the other then ran it through my embossing machine.
 

Next I did my coloring using Tombow markers, water and an artist brush.  After my coloring was done & dry, I used a Nuvo glue pen & Glamour dust to add a touch of sparkle.

I was playing around with some OLD foil paper and Stick It to create my butterfly and thought it would be a good addition for a little added dimension.  Not that popping up my entire panel onto a sheet of purple card stock wasn't enough lol.

 

 Lastly, all I needed was a sentiment.
The Happy Birthday panel from the Creative Expressions 'Everyday' Wordies Sentiment Sheet worked perfectly.  I also popped up the sentiment strip but was sure to tuck the left edge in under the oval cut out of the folder.

I am in LOVE with these 3D embossing folders so BEWARE!  You'll be seeing a lot more creations coming soon using all the fun new ones I've treated myself to lol.

Challenges to share in:

AAA Birthday Challenge #45 - Anything Birthday

 Crafting Happiness Challenge #138 - Celebrations (birthday)
Get Creative Challenge #117 - Something NEW (embossing folder)
the Paper Players Challenge #623 - Color Challenge

 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!
I hope your week ahead is an awesome one! 
Stay safe & healthy my friends!

As always . . .

11 comments:

  1. Love the beautiful embossing folder,great colouring and love all the sparkle
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene, this is gorgeous! WOW! I love the gorgeous, shiny flowers and the beautiful butterfly! Thank you for making my colors shine this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I've looked at this one many times. You did an amazing job with it. The sparkle on those flowers is so pretty! There are so many things to love about this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that is so pretty, love the cut out into it and the pretty sparkle you have added to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Darlene! The roses really "bloom" with the colors and glimmer you used! Such a cool opening too! Perfect for lots of sentiments or images! Thanks so much for playing with our color challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful colouring and sparkle on the embossing, I love the colour mix and the foil butterfly on this gorgeous card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafting Happiness Challenges Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is so beautiful! Love the colours, the sparkle on the roses and your colouring is amazing! I can see why you love this embossing folder. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday! Hope to see you in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning card Darlene. Love the cut out centre and the colour scheme and that extra bit of sparkly is just perfect. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty card, Darlene, with the added "sparkles"! Thank you for playing along with our challenge at The Paper Players. Xoxo, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one fabulous Lisa Horton die cut and emboss. Great coloring and that sparkle is just perfect to really let the flowers stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely spring themed birthday card! Love the colours and especially the glitter you added!
    Thanks a lot for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge and I do hope you join one of the upcoming challenges again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.