Friday, January 6, 2023

Missing You . . .

 


 Happy Friday All!

Today I've created a card to send to a friend just to let her know I've been thinking of her!  She & her family are going through some difficult times right now so I just wanted to know I hadn't forgotten about her!

This card happily also fits for the fun Critter Crazy Challenge this time around where their main focus must be a critter.  I've had this pack of adorable owl handmade 3D stickers (Forever in Time) hanging on the embellishment pegboard for a very long time so I just had to use one of them today.  Then generated the coordinating sentiment on the computer.

 One of my new years resolutions was to use up some of my older stock so for my background I used a 6x6 panel from the Echo Park Paper Company 'Victoria Garden' paper pack.

 

I've used a old North Coast die called 'tree' to actually create a 'tree branch' for my owl to perch on.  Then using a Stampscapes 'Leafy Branch' (277F) stamp, I created a little dimension by stamping across the top.

Leafy Branch Stamp

 This was a quick & easy card to create and I'm hoping it makes my friend smile!

Happily, I am headed over to Pennsylvania this morning to link up with cousins for breakfast.  We are all getting older and for a few years now, we have an OPEN invitation to ANY & ALL Morgan Cousins to meet at the same place, same time on the first Friday of each Month.  Sometimes we'll only have 10-12 people but other times we might have 30.  Who ever can come is welcome no matter if you're a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or even 4th cousin! (yep we go out that far!  lol)  I try to make it as often as I can as I know the time is drawing closer that I will start loosing many of my older 1st cousins so I want to spend what time I can with them.    

Since my mother was next to the youngest of 12 children  ... 
there's a BUNCH OF US!  LOL

A few other challenges to share in:

Crafty Animals Challenge #68 - ATG w/critter
Inspiration Station January Challenge - Photo Inspiration
(inspired by the bird on the tree branch)



 Thanks for stopping by today ...


6 comments:

  1. Aww, this little owl is precious! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just wonderful, lovely paper, adorable owl and marvellous sentiment, your friend will be chuffed with it, I'm sure. Know what you mean about large family! My father was one of 11 boys and my Mum was second youngest of 12, 9 of them boys! We haven't had a family gathering for years, it's a lovely thing to do. Enjoy your time with them. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Critter Crazy Challenge this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl is adorable and I love the colors on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, enjoyed reading about you cousins get together...how wonderful. This card is so sweet, such special details and what a precious little owl. I'm sure it will be appreciated by your friend! Thanks for sharing this with us at Inspiration Station Challenge and may this year be blessed for you and your family! Smiles, Kathy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. that owl is the cutest and your papers compliment him very well, sweet sentiment, she will so appreciate this.
    Hope you enjoyed a great time with your cousins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you have a quest to use your paper. Again, I need to try harder on that front. You sure made a pretty card with this piece! Your owl is adorable sitting on the branch, and the delicate branch overhead coordinates with the scene perfectly. You sure have a lot of cousins!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.