Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Stencil Fun Challenge - WINTER

 Hello Everyone!

It's time for another fun challenge over on our latest blog ...  Stencil Fun Challenge !

We decided to add another challenge blog to our list of challenge blogs and this time will will be about using our STENCILS.  This challenge will be a MONTHLY challenge and will begin on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.  It will always be an ANYTHING GOES with STENCILS challenge but we will be offering an OPTIONAL THEME

Here is the theme I have chosen as our optional theme:

WINTER

 For right now, it will just be Diane & I sharing samples to inspire you.  We have decided to create one project following the theme and a second project that fits into the anything goes.

Here is my 'WINTER' card . . .


 The stencil I have used for today's themed card is from Picket Fence titled 'Field of Snowy Trees' (SC-178).

Picket Fence Studios - 6 x 6 Stencils - Field of Snowy Trees

 I have used a medium blue card stock for my background ... I then placed my stencil over top and inked with TH forest green ink and then went over that with white dye ink.  I filled in the empty spaces of the trees using a dark green Tombow marker.  The snow was created with a white gelly roll pen and my cute little snowman is an old (never used) Sweet Dixie die ... sentiment die is from Elizabeth Craft.

 

For my second card (Anything Goes), I've decided on a birthday card.

 

Here is another fun The Crafter's Workshop stencil called 'Mini Birds of a Feather' (TCW207s) and once again since it is a 6x6 stencil and I make A6 cards, I've had to tape off a portion of it that didn't fit.  I used Tombow markers on the birds and leaves, then inked the branches & cages using TH distress oxide inks & daubers ... 'Fossilized Amber' and 'Vintage Photo'.  The sentiment is an OLD Art Impressions wooden stamp (circa 2003).

Birds Of A Feather

 We hope you'll come join in our fun and GOOD LUCK!!

As always . . .

 

2 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous as well as the stencils used. The tree stencil is a work of art and the bird cages are a nice refresher from our Christmas themes, lots of pretty inspiration here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love those trees! I was wondering how you achieved the look so thank you for explaining. Your never-been-used snowman is darling. The birdcage card is super pretty with that awesome stencil! I hope to play. I have a plan... as long as time doesn't get away from me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.