Saturday, October 14, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Spooky

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

SPOOKY 

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


I thought this card might bring a chuckle to whom ever I send it to lol.  They will know right away I was having a bad (witchy) day when I sent it.

Anyways, I've used the Darice 'Cloudy Sky' embossing folder for my background sky.  First I applied TH gray distress oxide ink to the inside of the folder and ran it through my machine ... then I added a few streaks of TH black distress oxide (using the pad itself) to the inside of the folder and reinserted my card panel and ran it through again. 

I die cut my Tutti Designs 'Witchin' Broom' from black card stock to create a silhouette.

TUTTI-558 Witchin' Broom

The sentiment comes from a very old Repeat Impressions rubber stamp sheet.  After stamping on a scrap of white card stock, I fussy cut it using small scissors and popped it up using dimensional tape.  The witch has been popped up also.

Challenges to share in:

Aloha Friday Challenge #3 - Fall/Halloween
Festive Friday challenge #145 - Halloween

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

10 comments:

  1. Lots of spooky fun here, those clouds look like what we have here lately, all dark and threatening LOL, the perfect sky for your witch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool look you made with the inked up folder, the swiping makes it look like a very spooky night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool way to do the background, like the sentiment with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous background, it really makes that silhouetted witch pop. You have created a fabulous vib here, it totally screams "SPOOKY"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have given the witch a great background. Cool card!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your witchy sky is gorgeous and just perfect for your witch die cut. SPOOKYlicious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Aloha Friday Challenge! //Caroline DT Aloha Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Aloha Friday Challenge! //Caroline DT Aloha Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Halloween card. your background is amazing, Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your witch and that background is fabulous. The best accessory a witch can have is a fun little black cat sharing her broom. Love it! So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.