Monday, October 9, 2023

More, yes more, craft show cards . . .

 Happy Monday All!

Hope your week is off to a good start!  The temps have certainly dropped here in Ohio ... was in the 80s last week ... 50s this week!  Ugh!  So, with that being said, I might as well spend the time I really need to be spending in the cave working on cards for the upcoming show.

I spotted a 'new to me' technique and just had to give it a go!

It's called the Double Twisted Ribbon Technique (there's also a single version).
And, oh what fun I had!  I'll be making more of these panels using various themed paper stripes.

Here is a card using the SINGLE version of the technique . . .

As you notice, I've only used TWO different designer papers on this one.

Here are a few using the DOUBLE version of the technique (my favorite I think!).


Inside

Using that same DOUBLE version, here are a couple of birthday cards which you'll notice I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops to the 'white' sections for added dimension & contrast ...




The stamp set I've used today is one from Rubbernecker called Birthday Vase Set (#3493) with the exception of the 'have a Wonderful day' ... that is a stamp/die set from Heartfelt Creations.


This is an awesome set to have on hand!  Rush over and grab one for yourself!
I paid the original price of $14.95 and it's currently on sale for $5.95  ... WOW!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!

Back to work . . .


5 comments:

  1. So creative with ribbons!! Great job Darelen.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique is new to me and I find it so pretty! I loved all your cards as well as the papers you chose to use. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a fun technique, you used them great on these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your strips look so pretty on the cards you've made Darlene. Especially love the last two which are framed in brown ... love the contrast! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that ribbon technique! Thanks for the inspiration! A beautiful array of Fall cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.