Tuesday, October 3, 2023

October Challenge at Triple B

 

Hello Friends!

Have you checkout our new challenge blog called TRIPLE B?
It's all about using any of your stash but your project must have at least a BIRD, a BUTTERFLY or BLOOMS (flowers) visible on it.  Hence the title Triple B.

I'm your host for October and here's the inspiration board I have created for you ...


The thing that caught my eye the most on today's inspiration board were the beautiful Tiger Lilies in the upper panel.  My dad had a green thumb and his tiger lilies were beautiful ... I have finally acquired some seeds from friends/family back home so I now have my own tiger lily patch and think of my dad every spring when they come up & start to bloom.  There are black seed pods on the inside of each leaf which means they will drop to the ground and reseed themselves so your patch keeps growing larger & larger each year.  


I have used the Lisa Horton 'Posy of Roses' embossing folder, die & stencil set for today's card. 

I've used TH distress oxide inks for the stencil coloring and as you can see, I just had to turn my orange lily into a tiger lily by adding the black spots with a fine tip black marker. 

The bee comes from an old JustRite clear stamp set ... I like him so I just leave him on one of my smaller acrylic blocks so he's 'at the ready' for a card such as I have today.  The sentiment is one of the many I have cut & ready from the Pink Fresh 'Perfect Sentiments' stamp/die sets.

Remember, our challenge begins on the 3rd of each month, ends on the last day of the month and Winner's are announced on the 2nd of each month.

I hope you'll come join in the fun!
Thanks for stopping by today!

As always ...

 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful colouring of this beautiful embossed design Darlene. LOVE the mood board this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely! Love how you made the lilies your own - and the little bee is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card with all those colorful flowers and I love how you dotted the tiger lilies. Thanks too for mentioning the seeds are on the leaves - I never knew that! I learn something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely job coloring this embossing folder, so nice you have a patch to remind you of your father every spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I have some of these Tiger Lilies in my garden in the Spring. They are very large and gorgeous. You did a wonderful job bringing them to life. Love it!
    Have a wonderful day.
    ❤Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, don't you just love when a stencil is available with the folders, they add so much and make it much easier to color too. I also have tiger lilies and what a nice remembrance for you of your dad!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.