Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Just having some crafting fun . . .

 Hello friends . . .

When I need inspiration to create cards, I often times pop over to Paper Playful and check out the challenges.  So many fun/interesting themes along with different techniques & sketches many of the challenges blogs are looking for make it not only fun to create & play along, but also gets my mojo flowing when I need so many 'different' style cards to showcase at the November craft show.

 

That's exactly what I did today and right off the bat I spotted some fun going on over on the AAA Birthday Challenge Blog where they are wanting you to create using your FAVORITE COLORS.  My all time favorite color is purple but another color I've become quite fond of is teal green so that's what I've used today.

Yep I'm still playing with that Twisted Ribbon Technique so I've used that for the decorative side panel then used the same paper to create my background rectangle for my sentiment and decorative corners using a very old Stampin' Up punch.  The sentiment is by Rubbernecker.

NOW ... the other fun part to the AAA challenge is that for the first two weeks in October, they are joining their sister challenge AAA Cards Challenge (CAS) and there will be a prize.  Be sure to check this out but be quick as this portion ends on the 14th.

I love ink blending and find myself doing it all the time.  I like the fact that no two panels ever turn out the same!!  Always a SURPRISE at the end!  

So, for this card, I had 2 additional RAK sentiment panels laying on the work table that I had yet to use, grabbed one of those and used the colors based on that particular panel.  Here's what I came up with . . .

This time of year in Ohio, you see a lot of these colors on the trees.  Fall is in full swing!  As I mentioned, the sentiment which is actually a stamp & die set from Heartfelt Creations was an RAK from my North Carolina Friend Sandy.  Here's a close up so you can see that it's actually been 'stacked' for additional dimension.  Easy Peasy but packs a punch!  Hope you like it.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I still have a lot of projects to work on so I'd best get back to it!

Have a wonderful day ... as always ...


6 comments:

  1. I really love how the blend embraces your lovely foliage what a great idea. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards and we hope to see you in our next challenge. KarenR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are both wonderful and purple is my favorite color too *wink* I'm going to have to check out that twisted ribbon technique because it really looks neat on the teal card! Have a great October day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am loving your twisted ribbon cards Darlene. These papers are so dramatic and lovely. Gorgeous blending on your second card. Such lovely fall colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. I saw it on AAA Birthday challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun birthday card - I love those colors together! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super mix of colours, very dramatic. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.