Saturday, October 7, 2023

Exciting News . . .

 Hello Friends!
Happy Saturday!

I have some exciting news to share that I've been sitting on for awhile now. 
I have been asked to be a part of the SKETCH SATURDAY Challenge Blog design team and today is my DT member debut!  Won't you come join me and play along with this fun challenge blog.  You'll probably see a few others on the team that you recognize too!

Here's the sketch we are playing with today and the OPTIONAL twist is to use String, yarn or twine on your project.  I chose to use a touch of baker's twine.

And, here is what I came up with ... hope you like it and are inspired to come play along.

 
I have used some older SU designer paper for today's card. 
My banner is die from an older Tutti Designs die set.
And my image is from a Hearty Crafts 3D Topper set.


Here's a peek at the inside of my card . . .

 


*** CONFESSION TIME ***

I was so excited when I started creating my cards for this challenge blog that this very first card did NOT follow the sketch to the 'T' ... here was my first card ... can you find my error?


Yep ... completely missed the panel behind the banner panel ... Ooops!  LOL
Still turned out to be a cute creation and now I'm one step closer to having the MANY cards I will need for the upcoming holiday season!

Won't you come join the fun at Sketch Saturday?

As always, thanks so much for taking the time to stop in and say Hello!


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team, you will be a great asset that's for sure! Both cards are fabulous and your first card would of been fine, after all you make it YOUR take on the sketch and that snowman sure is cute and like you said, you are now 2 holiday cards ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news , enjoy it !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are on this team. They are lucky to have you for sure. I love both the cards and what wonderful additions to your Christmas stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful Christmas card, Darlene. Congratulations on your new DT position. I was on the Sketch Saturday Design team for a very long time and it's a great team with great teamies who, when I was there, loved to see a little out of the box designing. I love your take on the sketch and I would like to thank you for introducing me to your Can you Handle the Pressure challenge site too! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two adorable cards Darlene! Congrats on joining the Sketch team. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest it took me a while to find the "error" :-) Both cards are beautiful and festive. Congrats on joining this team. I know you are going to love it and they're going to love having you.
    ❤Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.