Thursday, February 22, 2024

Ready for Flowers

 Hello Friends ...

Are you as ready for those Springtime flowers as I am???

Well since that's still going to take a little more time, I decided to play along in the latest challenge over on Simon Says which is Beautiful Blooms!  Here's what I came up with . . .


I dove into my old scrapbooking goodies and some off cuts to create today's card.
My frames were cut long ago for other projects and not used so were hanging on the
'extras wall' just waiting for the right time and today was the day.  

My flowers are probably 15-18 years old and are actually on a sticker strip that I
bought before I was making cards and was only scrapbooking.  There was a little
'scrapbooking store' not far from my house that I discovered and when I
heard she was going out of business I bought up a lot of various
sticker strips such as this ... not sure how'd I use them but I knew one day
they'd come in handy!  Took a long time but the day finally came.

It's not too difficult to figure out how I pulled this card together but
if you have a question, please feel free to ask.

 

EDIT . . .

While cleaning up my work space, I had an extra frame and small piece of this same floral sticker sheet laying on the table so decided to quickly turn it into another card ... you know what they say about 'waste not, want not!'   What do you think??  


Thanks for stopping by today ... 

As always . . .


7 comments:

  1. Dalene, this is awesome. And...never throw away craft stuff, because there will be a day that you need it (LOL!)
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you pull things from all over and make the most beautiful creations. Another great make my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh là là very pretty, I actually like the second one best. A hint of blue behind the sentiment would have sealed the deal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, the sticker strip is so pretty! It would be tempting to buy out the whole lot! I love what you've done with it on both cards. Just as good with a partial strip. Yep, my motto is "waste not, want not". Sometimes I purge and give away stuff, but I keep the tiniest scraps of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful floral card Darlene and love the scrapbook paper strips which is something I'm really into at the moment as you can make heaps and heaps of cards using strips of leftover 12x12..love your frames and the white background which makes the flowers pop more..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of those stickers, that is why I can't get rid of anything no matter how old, you just never know :) They both look terrific, but I do like how you came up with an idea for the small bit you had leftover for the second card too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.