Sunday, February 18, 2024

Peace on Earth Challenge #58

 

Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog! 
SO happy you stopped by!

Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG.  Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun! 

Here's a fun inspiration board we've created to help get you started ...

 

 Obviously, I was drawn to the buffalo plaid in this mood board.  It just so happens I had some 12x12 sheets of this fun plaid in my stash so I just had to create another tissue box cover with coordinating card.  I was also inspired by the deer pillow so went through my Hearty Crafts toppers (Winter Joy HC10846) and found these two which worked perfectly for my box & card front images.

 

Coordinating Card


FUNNY STORY ...

I can remember as a kid, in the winter, my dad always had his 'Elmer Fudd' type hat and of course it was the red/black buffalo plaid.   During those COLD, SNOWY winters of years past, he would always have it on when he was out chopping wood for the furnace or down at the barn feeding the cows & horses.

Now I can't look at this pattern without thinking of him! 
And, that's a GOOD THING!!

  PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs our design team has created for your inspiration.  What a group of talented ladies!!  Then come join in the fun!! 

  Have a great day!

As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute bunch of fun in the inspiration board, and I love how you used it to the fullest to make such a fantastic project! I love the buffalo plaid and the images. Anything woodsy has my heart. What a beautiful gift this will be for someone. It's nice that that it evokes such fond memories of your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning gorgeous colouring and a delightful creation to admire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the buffalo plaid for the tissue box cover - so perfect to have out at Christmas time. And the card is beautiful - that is a gorgeous choice of topper for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of the buffalo plaid! The tissue box cover will be a great gift, especially accompanied by the matching card. Beautiful card toppers on both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrific projects, I love the plaid to go with these images! It is a great thing to retreive those memories when we look at images or patterns of our past!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.