Monday, February 12, 2024

For Baby Girl

 Hello Friends ... Happy Monday!

At my age, I don't have a need for many baby shower or wedding cards but thanks to my 'younger' neighborhood friends/neighbors, I've had the pleasure of watching their kids grow up, get married and now have babies.  I've been invited to an upcoming baby shower so wanted to make her a special card for their first baby which is going to be a girl.

Here's a peek at the inside . . .


I've used a WeR Memory Keepers embossing folder then dabbed each
intersecting section with Nuvo White Crystal Drops.

Dies used are:
Frantic Stamper 'Gladys the Giraffe' (FRA-DIE-10451)

Frantic Stamper 'Baby Elephant' (FRA-DIE-09684)

Karen Burniston 'Baby Charms' (#1086)

     

My gift is in a large pink/white polka dot bag so I punched a hole in the corner and hung this card with a ribbon on the handles of the bag.  They requested no cards.  I guess the thing now is to buy a book and then sign the book.  Which is actually a clever way to start building their child's library!  BUT, being a card maker I just had to make a card and she will understand lol. (OH and I bought a book and put a message inside too.)

Challenges to share in:

Allsorts Challenge #767 - Hearts / Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar February Challenge - Add a Heart
Cut It Up Challenge #297 - Have a Heart
Creations in Pink Challenge #66 - ATG in Mainly Pink

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have an AMAZING week ahead!
As always . . .


8 comments:

  1. Adding texture with the ef and nuvo dots was genius. So cute and perfect for this special occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful card for the Mum to be Darlene and such a sweet sentiment inside, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts and adding a heart as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, love the quilted background. Nice way to use it on your present as a tag too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, this is adorable, Darlene! Gosh, even my neighbors aren't having babies. I wonder why I still have baby stamps. I used to love making baby cards. I like the idea of giving a book and signing it. But no cards? What is the world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet - love the bold pink and the embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a wonderful baby shower card. thank you so much for bringing it along to Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet and fun! That quilted background is perfect as well. It is fun to get to make baby cards once again. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, awwww your card is just too adorable! I love the background - the quilt effect is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges, Sarah - DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.