Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Stencil Fun Challenge - Love / Hearts

 

 Hello Everyone!

It's time for another fun challenge over on our Stencil Fun Challenge!

Remember, this challenge is all about using your STENCILS.
We are a MONTHLY challenge that begins on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.
Theme will always be ANYTHING GOES USING STENCILS but we will also offer an OPTIONAL theme.

Here is the OPTIONAL theme chosen for this month:
 
 LOVE / HEARTS
 
I have fallen in love with these adorable Penny Black Premium Cardstock images!  There are 4 images per pack and they are the perfect size for me to play with when creating my A6 cards.  This particular image comes from the 'Adorable Amore' pack.  
 
Penny Black 50-005 Adorable Amore Masterpieces Made Simple Premium  Cardstock Panels
 
They come 3.25 x 4.5 size and for today's card, I have cut this one down a little bit on the top and then rounded the corners.
 

 I have stenciled my background using the Scrapbook.com stencil called 'Scattered Hearts'.  I've used TWO different TH distress oxide inks ... pink then shifted the stencil and sponged in red!
 
I actually had this (old) Spellbinder Heart Circle die (S4-316) which I had cut from red cardstock for another project laying on the table so figured why not use it in today's design.
 
 Though difficult to see in the photo, I did use Diamond Stickles inside the hearts on the image to add a little sparkle.
 
 
For my second card (Anything Goes), 
I created this fun card using some of my Lavinia stencil & stamps.  I rarely use these stamps any more ... so it was fun to get a little creative with this one.


I started out with a 6x6 panel of designer paper from the P13 paper pack called 'Hello Spring'.  I then used the Lavinia stencil called 'Ivy' (ST007) with two different colors of TH distress oxide inks and large sponge daubers.  I like how the pattern comes through on the leaves giving them some added texture.

The two  stamps I used are Lavinia 'Fayllin' (LAV277) and Nellie's Choice 'Branch with flowers' (SIL053) clear stamps.  My sentiment circle is actually one of the verses offered on a sheet in the P13 paper pack.


 Hopefully you'll get those stencils out and have some fun with us.
We won't always have a prize but periodically we will, you just never know!
We do have a Top 3 and a Top winner and it could be YOU!
 
Please come join us and GOOD LUCK!!
As always . . .
 

4 comments:

  1. I love that adorable teddy bear sitting on the bench with all of those falling hearts. So sweet and such a cute valentine design with all the stenciled hearts. The background you created for the Lavinia stamps looks amazing, especially with the silhouette images done in black. Great stenciling designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teddy bear surrounded by hearts is so sweet. Love your second creations as well. Lavinia stamps are so wonderful and distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both great but that first one is my favorite, that little image is just the sweetest, like how you made it a tad smaller and rounded the corners and the little hearts are sweet for the background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards today feature two of my favorite lines of stamps. The little bear on the bench is darling, especially with the "space reserved" sign. The pre-made panel is so pretty, and your die cut circle and the stenciled heart finish the card perfectly. I love all things Lavinia, too. I have a pile of them waiting to see their first ink.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.