Saturday, February 24, 2024

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist/ Square and/or Circles

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

SQUARES / CIRCLES

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


I started off with a very old Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked up the inside using two different TH distress oxide ink colors ... then ran it through on a panel of white card stock.  That is where it all began!

Then for my design, I die cut a couple square dies from the Cottage Cutz 'Nested Wacky Stitched Square Set' (#CCB-072) using a scrap of blue card stock in my scraps pile.  My floral & dragonfly embellishments come from a pack of K&Company ephemera I had hanging on the embellishments wall in my craft room.  I've added a Pink Fresh (Perfect Sentiments) sentiment and a few Nuvo Crystal drops and my card is ready for mailing.

I do hope you'll come check out our challenge blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .


8 comments:

  1. Love the effect of the inked up folder, and the flowers have that kind of distressed look that goes with it perfectly! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and colorful, just what we need on this cold February morning!! Doesn't it feel great to pull out that old EB folder and put it to use, that's what's so great about this challenge, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with that older embossing folder and added color to it in a beautiful way! Those die cut squares look perfect with the flowers and big dragonfly too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such action created with color, texture and layers. You are quickly becoming the queen of mixed media.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squares all over...they make a very pretty card!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very clever way to use this embossing folder! I love it as a base for the rest of your design. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like the way you used the frames and with those pretty flowers! neat embossing too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, I love all your elements here. Using those square die cuts is genius and I love the addition of the dragon fly. Lots of great texture here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.